Thread: Unable to insert a sim card on Toshiba NB305-411

Mykola Guest

Unable to insert a sim card on Toshiba NB305-411

Toshiba delivered a new nb305-411 and the sim card cannot be installed as there is something missing. I buy this Toshiba NB305-411 laptop in the last month. I saw that behind de battery ther's a place to put a sim-card for mobile internet. When I try to insert sim card onto that then it will make problem and as expected it doesn’t work. Is there any way to solve this problem. Thanks in advance.

Re: Unable to insert a sim card on Toshiba NB305-411

I think you are talking about 3G modules and hence this kind of problem arrives onto your laptop. Toshiba has recently launched new dissimilar NB300 series notebooks on the market. They can be able to insert sim card onto that notebook. But the problem is to be some notebooks don’t support this feature. I think this feature is being not completely developed on the notebook. You need to wait some time to do this task.

Though, you will most likely have to pay data rates for whatever you do on it. And also, if you cell provider figures out what you're doing, then they might strength you to upgrade to a plan to support it. A NEW design, a longer battery life and better protection for the hard disk are a few of the development introduced in the Toshiba NB305 notebook. With this configuration it also mentions that the sim card slot present onto it but there is nothing more information about it.

No. The SIM card only holds in order from the cell phone. For you to make use of it as a wireless link, you require to have either a Bluetooth connection between the laptop and phone, or a data cable. You also require having internet connectivity on the phone. The NB300 series notebook has a built-in HSDPA (3.5G) slot for users to insert a SIM card to attach to a wireless broadband network. This help to surf the Internet while on the move.

yes of course it’s probably an edge modem, but sometimes they just create a slot with no inserting the hardware so its best if u check the manual or exact specs for your model from the website, and also ur sim card should be compatible with all the services activated on it. This is really help to just use the sim card on the notebook for surfing the internet. This work and it solve the problem. Then try this and see what happen on your laptop.

NB300 has built in 3G modem, just slide in you SIM card and the system automatically configure and detects the broadband operator. This is really work to do the net furfing task onto the notebook. You can’t able to call any person using this facility as per my knowledge. Hence use this and then see what happen onto this laptop. It works to solve the problem. Then use the manual of the notebook and then set configuration on it and solve the problem.

Toshiba delivered a new nb305-411 and the sim card cannot be installed as there is something missing. The card can be inserted all the way into the machine until it literally disappears. I think this is just the sim card slot but nothing will be useful still it will be in the progress stage. You need to contact the expert person of the Toshiba. This is the right way to solve the problem and it really work without any problem.