Thread: Lenovo ThinkPad T60 not booting

Lenovo ThinkPad T60 not booting

I am having some problem with the Lenovo ThinkPad T60. Last night I plugged the T60 to AC adapter. On very next day when I tried to boot that then it was not able to start. If I connect the AC adapter to it and then try t start that then it starts normally. When I start it by this way and try to turn it off then it also does not allow me to turn it off. This is very annoying. I have to unplug the power to turn it off. Please tell me that what should I in order to resolve this problem. Thank you.

Re: Lenovo ThinkPad T60 not booting

I think that you will have to change the fuse as it might be blown. So check for the fuse and if that is blown then simply replace that with the new one and it will resolve the problem that you are facing. I am not saying for sure that it will solve the problem but there are more possibilities that you will be out of issue after this. So try to do that and reply with the result that what happened after replacing it.

There might be problem with the battery that you are using. It may be not capable to hold the charge for long time and for that reason it is getting shut down all he times. So just remove the battery from your computer and then you can try to check that with some other unit to see if it is showing you the same. If you get the same thing there also then it will be sure that the problem is with the battery and changing it will solve your problem.

It might be because of the virus infection. Just to ensure that, you can do a complete scan of the system to see if there are some viruses in your computer. If you are having any virus in your T60 then you can simply clean that. But before starting the scan, you should update the antivirus that you are using. It will make sure that there is no antivirus left in your thinkpad. I hope this will help.

Have you contacted to the Lenovo support? Before doing anything to that you should ask the Lenovo support and they will tell you that what are the most probable reasons for this problem and how can you solve the problem. They are best in their support and I am quite sure that you will get the precise answer from them. This is the best and the safest thing that I can suggest you for this.

LCD’s inverter might be the culprit for this problem. If you are not getting the solution for this then you can call some person who is good in all this and ask them to check the problem and especially the LCD's inverter. If the problem is with the LCD's inverter then changing that will resolve the problem.