Thread: Toshiba Satellite A665-S6094 HDD completely dead

Toshiba Satellite A665-S6094 HDD completely dead

My A665-S6094 HDD is completely dead from last two days. It was working well earlier and I don’t know that what happened to this now. Now what I want is the Toshiba software which is normally installed with this model. Can you tell me that from where I can get that or if there is some other way to solve this problem? Please reply fast. I need to solve this as early as possible. Thank you in advance for your reply.

Re: Toshiba Satellite A665-S6094 HDD completely dead

I think that the best thing that you can do is just restore hard drive to its original out-of-the-box contents. To do that you can make use of the Toshiba recovery media. Just google it on internet and get more information that how this can be done. I think that this will solve the problem that you are facing. This is the only thing that I can recommend you at the time and hope that this will help you.

I don’t know that how can this problem be solved but I found one thread on techarena where you will get the detailed instruction that how can you repair the dead hard drive. I am giving the link for that below. So just open this and go through that to see if this can help you solve the problem that you are facing or not.

How to repair the Dead Hard Drive

Have you bought this new? If that is new then I am sure that you must be having the warranty card for that. If that is under warranty then take it directly to the place from where you bought this and tell them about the problem. They will either solve the problem for you or will replace that with the new one if problem is not curable. This will be the best thing that you can do to get the answer. Thank you.

There are two main reasons for the dead hard drive. One is the power fluctuation and other one is the static friction. Out of these two, the static frictions will tolerate hard disk head for reading the data and spindle to spin. The head of the hard disk gets stuck and therefore the spindle failed to rotate and this leads hard disk to stop spinning. I think that you are left with just one option and that is to replace the hard drive.

However you are depicting it to be any issue with your hard drive not rotating I still incline toward you to test the same head on an additional machine. The explanation might be that the hard drive is not getting the capacities supply and which is why it is not turning. My hard plate which was of Western Digital make did not took a shot at my workstation but it worked when joined to a different machine. So the issue was with my hard circle capacity link.