Thread: Changing speed of Cooling Fan in Toshiba Satellite L505D-S5965

Changing speed of Cooling Fan in Toshiba Satellite L505D-S5965

I have recently purchased the Toshiba Satellite L505D-S5965. I am very new to the Toshiba and so I am still learning the features of this laptop. I am wondering that why the CPU cooling fans speed changes from idle speed to a higher speed and vise versa. So is there some 'normal' cycle time for this to happen or it happens randomly. Before this I was using the Acer laptop and that was not showing me anything like this. Please clear my doubt with your replies.

Re: Changing speed of Cooling Fan in Toshiba Satellite L505D-S5965

I would like to tell you that speed of the fan that is called the RPM (revolution per minute) is completely temp driven and it is not having anything to do with the manufacturer of the laptop. If you want then you can check that if the SpeedStep otherwise the Cool 'n Quiet is working properly or not. This might be the culprit for this issue. So if it is having some problem then solve that accordingly and see if that helps you.

CPU cans spin to maintain the temperature of the system. As you use the system, it get heated and to control that temperature CPU fans spins with more rpm and if the temperature of the system goes down then it slows down fans rpm. This is just to avoid overheating. So, you need not to worry about this. Just continue with your work and let the fan to do its job of maintaining the temperature. I hope you will understand that why it is doing so.

There is also possibility that the fan is not installed properly in the case and for that reason you are getting this problem. If that is the case then it will force the CPU to run at full speed. So just remove the fan from your computer and after that install that over again. Make sure that it is fitted properly to its place otherwise you may get that problem again.

Normally, it is not the problem. It is just to maintain the temperature of the system but if you feel that it is varying the RMP to great extend then you can contact to the customer support and enquire about this. They will tell you that whether this is the bug or it is meant by this way for some special purpose. You will surely get some satisfactory answer from them. So do it and solve your query.

I would like to tell you are having the AMD processor in your system. AMD calls it either Cool 'n Quiet or Powernow hinging on the cpu and the framework. The driver is incorporated with Vista and not good to go as a seperate download for anything later than XP. Check the channel I presented formerly on empower it. In the event that there is nothing in the BIOS that permits you to empower it then that motherboard doesn't uphold it (one of the essential explanations I can't utilize AMD CPU based laptops).

I am moreover having the same issue and Toshiba BIOS won’t spare you the time to update the fan speed or see it utilizing fanspeed the sotware. I try not to have this issue on whatever possible make laptops the issue is 100% with Toshibas drivers wsoftware or even how its verified not. I think the issue is with the BIOS the BIOS tells when and when not to turn on there is a patch on the virtual world that fixes whatever the bug in the BISO. It constructs your fan run every last trace of the time but at 30%. Toshiba wont state so but it is 100% Toshiba name one alternate PC creator with this issue and assuming that you peruse and look around the frums there are a ton of folks with same issue. Toshiba utilize to be a great pc mark but now they get tweet and bad pcs anymore. What they charge for a pc you are able to get the same thing course cheeper by heading off to different marks.