Thread: Lenovo ThinkPad x220 Fan continuously revving up and down

Lenovo ThinkPad x220 Fan continuously revving up and down

I've purchased a new build Lenovo ThinkPad x220 laptop and all seems to be working fine, except for the fan. It always indicates at about 90% capacity even if the computer is doing nothing. Even at inactive stage, heat can build up causing the fan to throttle up than down again. Has a low quality fan been used and is it possible to replace the fan? If any support people would like me to runs some tests, I'd be joyful to help.

Re: Lenovo ThinkPad x220 Fan continuously revving up and down

The fan problem can be solved by setting the fan setting in the Lenovo PM program to reduced fan sound dynamically in its place of the other two options. Then the fan will be silent. This will be work and in the result you can able to remove such kind of problem from this ThinkPad. This will be work and in the result it would be help to solve the problem of this laptop. Then use this solution and it really work to solve the problem.

I am user that Lenovo is not aware of this pulsing fan trouble. I think they have already provide the best way to solve this problem. It may be possible that they already launched new BIOS version onto the market. You need to just do the bios update task on your system. It really work and in the result, you can able to solve this kind of problem. This is the best solution that works to solve the problem. Then use it and solve problem.

It happen and the main reason behind this is to be the BIOS issue. You need to solve this BIOS problem using any of the best technique. Normally user will be do the BIOS update or the newest version installation task to solve this problem. Then use this kind of solution and try to avoid such FAN problem. You can also try to reset this BIOS. It works and problem is being solved without taking much extra effort.

The engineers are working on the BIOS and I am requesting an ETA on when the BIOS will be made available. I assume that the fan noise is not universal. I do not experience it but I think there should be trouble happen because the wrongly handle this laptop. Yes it happen when unknown user will make changes on this laptop and then try to access the configuration. In this case, you need to the restore setting task on it. It might be solve problem.

If your laptop is working fine then there is no need to update the BIOS. There is not such kind of fix solution to solve this problem. This BIOS update is just the one way to try to avoid this problem. It could be possible that this is the hardware problem. If it is hardware problem then you need to use the replacement strategy to solve this problem. It works and in the result, you can solve this problem. Then try it and see what happen.

If you actually worried by the fan problem, then consider using until like speed fan, NHC, and monitoring your laptop heat. If this is happen on your laptop then you need to add the extra cooling FAM onto this laptop. This will be work most of the time to solve the problem. What you're most likely hearing is the fans revving up and down. Then if we try to provide the extra cooling facility on this laptop then it would be help to decrease the pressure of the FAN.