Thread: Toshiba Satellite P305-s8904: how to locate Webcam app and wireless device driver

Toshiba Satellite P305-s8904: how to locate Webcam app and wireless device driver

I closed the video/webcam application by mistake and not getting the way that how can I put that back on the desktop. Please tell me that how can I do that. Other than this, I have upgraded the security software as ESET Smart Security and from then whenever I try to connect to the wireless network then it shows me the message that says something regarding device driver. Please provide me some suggestion for this.

re: Toshiba Satellite P305-s8904: how to locate Webcam app and wireless device driver

If you are not able to locate that again then just go to the folders in your system files manually and look if that is located there or not. If you find that there, then just right click on that and select send to > Desktop. If you do so then you will see that there is the shortcut for this on your desktop. Now you can just double click on that anytime you want to start the web cam application. I don’t know the exact location of that as I don’t have that installed on my computer.

re: Toshiba Satellite P305-s8904: how to locate Webcam app and wireless device driver

Creating a shortcut for this is a good idea and that can help you too. But if you are not able to locate the exact folder then it will not be possible for you to do that. You can just download the new setup for this and install that. While the installation if this asks you that files are already exists and do you want to replace that then you will have to select yes and it will do the fresh install of the application and you will get the web cam application back.

You can make use of the search feature from the start. So just open the search panel and then search for the name of that app. It will show you the result of that and also you will get the startup icon for that. You can simply send the shortcut for that on the desktop and you will be able to start that app anytime you want. This is the best way to locate that on your computer. I hope that this will be helpful to you.

I think that you will have to install the wireless driver once again on your computer and that will only solve the problem of the de-located wireless device driver. So search for the latest driver for your model on internet and install that on your computer. Make sure that you are installing that from the official site of the Toshiba and not from somewhere else. There are more chances that it will solve the driver problem for you.

Re: Toshiba Satellite P305-s8904: how to locate Webcam app and wireless device driver

The best thing in this case is to contact the Toshiba support and ask them about the problem. They will guide you in the proper way to get the issue resolved. They are extremely good in the customer support and so I am quite sure that you will get the answer from them.