Thread: Can I play avi files using DivX player on Nokia N96

Can I play avi files using DivX player on Nokia N96

I have a Nokia N96 with S60 3rd gen software, so I installed DivX and tried out to play avi files using DivX player. Then it works with no problem. After trying this thing so much time I realized that the avi files of the micro SD card not work on this player. It only works when files present on the N96 phone memory. I really shocked that how should this happen. Please tell me the exact reason behind this and suggest any process to solve this problem. Thanks in advance.

Re: Can I play avi files using DivX player on Nokia N96

May be you don’t know but the Nokia N96 supports 3gp and mp4 format. So in order to play the avi files you need to convert them in to mp4 or in to 3gp format. Hence I must suggest that first check that the installed version is to be support the avi file format or not. Then try to play this memory card based avi file using the DMP player. I hope this information solve your query and you can able to fix this on your DMP player.

The similar kind of problem I also faced on this Nokia N96 mobile phone. It wasn't like this when i was using DMP 0.90 everything was smooth playing. You can update DMP restored daemon with a compatible version. This will be work most of time and it helps to remove such kind of unbelievable problem from this mobile phone. This updating the DMP player will be work and it solve the problem present on this cell phone.

For solving this problem you need to convert avi file in to mp4 or in to 3gp format. The reason behind this process is to be the avi will not work on DMP player. Then you need to use Xilisoft MP4 Converter. Hence download and install this software and immediately launch it on your mobile phone. Then Add any "AVI" video file and select the proper "MP4" video format and output folder. Finally you need to click "Convert" button to do this conversion process. It solves your problem.

I wish to download divx player in nokia n96 from DivX website. If we try to do it on default real player then it doesn’t play that video. The compatible version of this DivX media player will be capable to play this video if we correctly downloaded and install this DivX player on this Nokia N96 cell phone. Then you need to just use the compatible version of the DivX. This is really work to solve such kind of problem without giving any kind of extra difficulty.

Honestly talking i don't think it can by default. However there are 3rd party apps which can play .avi files, even for the N96 cell phone. The specs of the DMP don't mention whether it can play avi files or not but we need to try to add this avi file on to this software. We can do this task using compatible option of the DMP property window. It really helps to solve this problem. Then try this and see what happen on your system.