Thread: How to add extra hard drive to Toshiba Satellite P505-S8980

How to add extra hard drive to Toshiba Satellite P505-S8980

I am thinking to buy the Toshiba Satellite P505-S8980 soon. But before going to get that I would like to know that if it is possible that I can add an extra internal hard drive into this so that I can increase the storage space of this laptop from the limited one. So if you have any idea that how this can be done then please let me know that. I searched for this on google but not got any good suggestion for this.

smile Re: How to add extra hard drive to Toshiba Satellite P505-S8980

Basically all the laptops are only having the limited hard driver. If you open the laptop then you will find that each of the things in that are very compact and there will be no room to add any extra drive into that. So I don’t think that this will be possible for you add one more hard drive in that. This is the reason that I prefer desktop PC other than the laptop so that I can do some modification in that according my need.

Re: How to add extra hard drive to Toshiba Satellite P505-S8980

All you want to do is to increase the memory space in that then the best way for you will be to replace the existing drive with a new one which is having the more space according to your need. This will be the best way to do that and you can sell the one from the laptop to someone else who need that. By this way you will be able to do what you want without any problem. Thank you.

I will never recommend you to open the laptop to change the hard drive. This is because it will void the warranty of the laptop and if something wrong happens with the laptop then they will not take it under warranty as it is opened. So the best thing you can do is, buy a portable hard drive and use that with your laptop. If you do so then you will not have to open the laptop and it will be done with the external drive.

Don’t ever try to open the laptop to add a new hard drive to this. If you do so then you will lose the warranty for this and on the other hand you will not be able to add the drive to that. So before going to purchase any model from any brand, you should go through the specification of that because once you get that then you will not be able to do any modification in that. So it will be better for you to get the one which is fulfilling your needs.

You are able to have more than one hard drive in a laptop if there is a good to go opening, which indicates your laptop could at present have something greater than one hard drive if the competence existed. Now on the excess and RAID, you should no doubt do some exploration, you don't actually get to keep your information if a drive flops, you need to verify your equipment backs RAID; you need to expertise to set it like a champ, and look after it, or reproduce it depending on if you will, in the event that you do have a drive washout.