Thread: Toshiba Satellite L505D-S5965 overheating

Toshiba Satellite L505D-S5965 overheating

I am using the Toshiba Satellite L505D-S5965 from last two months and from last week I am facing the overheating problem with that. Because of this my computer is shutting down randomly. I am not getting that how can I solve this problem. If you know that how this problem can be resolved then please let me know that. I will be thankful for all the replies. Please reply fast before it damages any hardware or something in it.

Re: Toshiba Satellite L505D-S5965 overheating

I think that you will need to change the fan speed in order to solve the overheating problem. If you want to do that then you will have to install the SpeedFan in your system and with use of that you can alter the speed of the fan. But don’t make it too high as well because it may also lead in negative way for your system. This is very dangerous and you should get it resolved soon because it may also damage the motherboard also.

You can go to the Toshiba Service Station and from there try to operate the fan in that way. So just go to the settings over there and do the required settings in that. I have previously faced this problem and I went to the Toshiba Service Station and from there I turned down every power consuming settings and that solves the problem. So I hope that this will do the same from you. Please reply back that if it works for you or not.

To adjust the fan speed, if you do not want to use some other software then you can also do that with the BIOS settings. You will also find the settings that can adjust the CPU speed as of Always Low to Dynamic. So do that and save the changes. If you do that from the BIOS then this will be more helpful to solve the problem. I have also adjusted the fan speed from the BIOS and so I am recommending you the same.

The best thing that I can recommend you for this is to make use of the cooling pad for this. There are many brands and models available for this. Just google it and you will see many of them. You can buy any one of them that fits in your budget. This is surely going to reduce the temperature of the system to some extends. If you feel that it is getting hotter then you can contact the Toshiba support and ask for the issue. They will help you in right way.

The primary explanation for the overheating of your Toshiba Satellite L505D-S5965 is the increase of dirt and dust within your laptop and in this manner gagging the ventilation of it. You should verify that you keep your laptop unhindered from dust to the greatest possible extent. The dust molecule which pass through the ventilators adhere to the inside surface and begins to advance a separating layer that stops the working of cooling framework. This purposes the overheating situations. The just result to this situation is to perfect the cooling framework and invariably verify to keep it clean.

You ought to attempt to update the heatsink sink of your laptop. There should be an issue with your heatsink. Moreover you are able to scan for some underclocking programming on virtual world and utilize it to underclock the GPU with the intention that it expends less voltage. One such programming which I have run into is RivaTuner. You could probably give it an attempt to perform underclocking or overclocking of your GPU. You would be able to in addition attempt to institute a brand new cooling framework in your framework, so that the temperature of your system is held well under control.