Thread: Getting ‘Secondary slave drive is not atapi compatible, press F1 to resume’ error message on Asus Eee PC 2G

Getting ‘Secondary slave drive is not atapi compatible, press F1 to resume’ error message on Asus Eee PC 2G

I am getting couple of issue Asus Eee PC 2G Surf and I wanted to discuss with the users of this particular forums. At the startup of the laptop of mine I am getting an error message which can be stated as ‘Secondary slave drive is not atapi compatible, press F1 to resume’ also I have noticed that I am unable to access the 2GB SSD of mine. Why I am getting the above mentioned issue on the laptop of mine. Any help on this particular matter would be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot advance.

Re: Getting ‘Secondary slave drive is not atapi compatible, press F1 to resume’ error message on Asus Eee PC 2G

I don’t why this particular issue is happening in the situation. However I can help you out on this particular matter after knowing the answers of the below mentioned questions. Which operating system do you have installed? Do you have done any changes on the system? If you have installed Linux on the computer then tell me about the version of the operating system and kernel? Do you have installed all the necessary drivers on the computer for smooth running? Let me know the answer of the above mentioned question as early as possible.

Re: Getting ‘Secondary slave drive is not atapi compatible, press F1 to resume’ error message on Asus Eee PC 2G

Can you tell me whether you are able to see the SSD on the BIOS? If so than I recommend that you should run the below mentioned command on the terminal.
    Code:
    sudo fdisk –l
    for your information the internal drive will be /dev/sda and the card which you have installed will be of /dev/sdb provided you have installed only on USB stick on the system of yours.

I think I am aware of the reason why this particular issue is happening into the situation of yours. well I am suspecting that there will be no disc drive on the system. Normally the .iso file of the Linux distro is used as Isolinux bootloader and it indicates that it is used to boot from the CD. There are some utilities which is used to replace the Isolinux with Syslinux. However there in an issue with Ubuntu if you have installed on the computer of yours.

I am suspecting that there is an issue with the drivers of the system of yours. I recommend that you should simply visit the official website and look for the latest version of drivers for you. You should download and install the same on the system and you should reboot the system after installing the latest version of the drivers. I am hoping that you have managed to fix the matter fo yours after installing the drivers.

In this particular matter I am suspecting that there could be an issue with the BIOS which you have installed. I recommend that you should visit the official website and download and install the latest version of the BIOS on the system. If there is no change in the situation than I recommend that you should simply contact technical support team and look for the further help from them.