Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 26-07-2011

which is the best option Dune Prime 3.0 or Individual Media Player?

I am presently trying to buy integrated digital media player content in home.i need some help to distinguish between media player and media player which help me take proper decision , I am having Synology DS209 NAS.
Some features which are expect from media player
------------------------------------------
  1. it should be support to media type container and codec.
  2. Playback blueray media rips from NAS.
  3. It should have internet connection.
  4. Expect that streaming from NAS to TV is should be smooth
  5. Ease of use (Better GUI) (Better organization and display of contents).
I am confusing in Blue ray and media type
I read that Oppo is the best media player but I don’t know the different media player. After that I came to know BDI Dune Prime 3.0 is is very good reputable media players it create more confusion and I don’t have enough money to change my setup ?So what do you think? Which is the best option for me, according to my requirement?
Old 26-07-2011

Re: which is the best option Dune Prime 3.0 or Individual Media Player?

I thick according to your requirement and expectation Dune 3.9 is the best possible option for you.youtbe and netfix the most popular services are not access directly but there is an software called Play-ON which provide you access to Youtube,Hulu,CBS,amazon from Dune 3.9.Video and audio quality is better than any other device. I think you have bo need of streamer more than 100 mbps networks connection because top bitrates files are under 60 mbps and dune support 88mps over its 10/100 port.So Dune is best possible choice for you.
Old 26-07-2011

Yes my friend both products are good in possible manner so its confusing you. I also agree with above post that Dune provides you good video and audio quality but don?t forgot to see at Blue ray.because blue ray can also do media streaming will suggest you just check it out new LG BD390. it is good product and very famous in market, it also fulfill your requirement except ISO and you can check features of LG on official sites of LG.you will came to know importance of the product and its is very cheap as compare with other device.
Old 26-07-2011

If you compare dune 3.0 and blue ray then.I recently purchased Dune Prime and it s awesome. and it is true that it can be play blue-ray tips smoothly from the NAS. Dune 3.0 Prime is a very good player and will hit the majority of your expectations. I?ve also been weighing these options, but with 3D around the corner and having a 5.1 reciever that needs analog inputs makes the decisions even harder (i know the Dune has multichannel analog outs but it can't mix 7.1 to 5.1 - though i honestly don't know if thats standard in typical Bluray players either). I was thinking of going with the cheaper Oppo blurday and the Dune Base. But if i get the new Samsung 3d TV I guess ill be getting a 3D bluray player package. I'm not really that sold on 3D but if I?m going to pay big soon for a TV i don't want to be immediately outdated. Technology sucks!

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , , ,