Thread: Random tracks not working in western digital Disktation

Random tracks not working in western digital Disktation

I am using WD TV live media player, and I am very much happy with experiencing this WD Tv.i am using 1.03 version and its working fine but problem created when I get notifications of update, I update my media player from 1.03 to 1.04 versions at the same time my media player problem start. The random play function which play music randomly not working properly. but its working fine in older version .so how can I overcome this problem? Should I downgrade my media player? or there is any bugs in newer version ? please give me reply if anybody having solution of this.

Re: Random tracks not working in western digital Disktation

Hello I am also using WDlive TV and most of the time I used random function of WDlive TV to shuffle songs, videos, movies but when update my version from 1.o3 to 1.04 exactly the same problem I faced as you, in my player there is an 9000 photos but it’s always jump between same event before updating this function working properly. So that I downgrade my player to last version it works. Every function is working properly and especially random function .so according to me you just keep the older version.

The newer version of WD tv is seems to be buggy. Because I am also facing same with problem .i upgrade to 1.04.10 version, here my WDTV live is randomized between the same group of event from same session to same session. I think this is buggy in the version due to this randomized function is not working then downgrade is the only one solution. I think this can e happened due to 2 reasons
    1. New version start the same file from the contain. The selected file is also shuffle in selected container
    2. It is trying to shuffle a small subset of the total files.

This firmware consist thread. And now wd also came to know about this and there are still wrk on it.but for customer satisfaction they introduced new community. It created for user. If so you can share the problem solution to everyone or also post any problem. They also launch technical support for customer you WD TV live customer having any queries then can directly contact the technical person of WD TV live when I contact with engineer of WD then he said that “the newer firmware also reintroduced other bugs and threads and they still working on it but did not give implementing date, he remark that all new internet features might need more memory so that random function might be erase from the code.