Thread: Unable to play sound and video on ubuntu based ASUS EEE PC 4G laptop

Unable to play sound and video on ubuntu based ASUS EEE PC 4G laptop

Well I am having couple of issue on the ASUS EEE PC 4G. I have installed Ubuntu on the laptop of mine. from past couple of days I am unable to play sound file as video file and also there is a mismatch between of the each window. Let me know whether this particular issue is associated with the hardware of the laptop or operating system which I have installed on the computer? Any help to fix the matter of mine will be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Unable to play sound and video on ubuntu based ASUS EEE PC 4G laptop

You told me that you have installed Ubuntu on the computer so tell me which version of ubuntu do you have installed? Tell me about the hardware as well as software configuration. Do you have installed all the necessary drivers on the computer? Let me know whether do you have done any changes on the system? Which version of Kernel do you have installed on the computer? answer the above mentioned question as early as possible so that I can figure out the root cause of the problem.

Looking at the problem which you have mentioned over here I recommend that you should simply install the necessary drivers on the computer of yours. you should visit the official website of the motherboard manufacturer and look for the latest version of drivers and you should download and install the same on the computer of yours. once you have install the same you should restart the system and see whether the issue is persisting or not.

In this particular matter I think you need to reinstall the ubuntu on the computer. why I am saying because there could be corruption of the files of the operating system. You have to format the entire system and install the operating system of yours. I am hoping that you will be able to fix the matter after installing the operating system on the computer. Let me know if you are having any query in this particular matter.

Well I am highly doubting that there is an issue with the out of dated operating system which you have installed on the computer. I recommend that you should download the latest version of ubuntu from the official website and install the same on the computer if yours. once you have installed the latest version of operating system you should see whether there is any change in the situation or not.

I am not sure but there could be an issue with the hardware which with the laptop which you are using. So I recommend that you should contact the official service center of the device manufacturer and ask for further assistance in this particular matter. Well they will see where exactly the fault in the hardware of the device. Also make sure that the device of yours should not have any physical damage otherwise you will not be able to get benefit of the service warranty.