Thread: is WDLive Plus media player compatible with Media sonic RAID enclosure and Mediason ProBox 4-bay enclosure ?

is WDLive Plus media player compatible with Media sonic RAID enclosure and Mediason ProBox 4-bay enclosure ?

I am having WDLIve Plus media Player and I am extremely enjoying the features of this. Its awesome experience to watch movies, videos, photos on this. Before two month ago I purchase Mediason ProBox 4-bay enclosure. This enclosure is also working fine with my laptop and my media player but WD live media player is not recognized all drive, it will recognized only one drive at a time so if I want oher data different drive then I have to switch that drive, because of this problem I am planning to buy mediason RAID enclosure, is that compatible with WD live Plus, if anybody having any information regarding this then try to reply me.

Re: is WDLive Plus media player compatible with Media sonic RAID enclosure and Mediason ProBox 4-bay enclosure ?

WDlive Tv plus is awesome media player and it is specially designed for streaming movies and videos on your HD TV.mediason ProBox enclosure, It supports 4 hdd of different brand and capacity up to 3TB per drive. This is an idea of external drive enclosures at one place. So according to me The WD player connect to hard disk to top most of Pile automatically. Then you should give name as you want like h1,h2,h3 etc. if you want data from h2 then you have to widraw from h1 then it automatically called h2 and data from them, main advantages is there is less fingermarks,safe from Dyson as it is close from television so if you are ready to sacrifices with this then it is good for you but I think ProBOx is better than Raid so don’t waste your money stay with probox

Re: is WDLive Plus media player compatible with Media sonic RAID enclosure and Mediason ProBox 4-bay enclosure ?

The idea of storage enclosures being in a RAID format is also new idea but I am not sure that RAID will show you the all Dives in media player. Mediason Raid is also compatible with Wd media player but I can’t say about showing all drive, if device have the ability to configure JBOD. JBOD stands for just a bunch of disk ,i just read in article is that this might be depends on how the enclosure handle the drives my friend having Rocket Fish 3.5 enclosure (Model Rf-Hd3035) is is built in USB hub ,he joint USB thumb drive to USB port on the enclosure. And USB cable connect to port of WD TV ,WD TV shows both drive(thumb drive and hard drive. So according to me it is depend upon the Models

I was also planning to RAID technology but after research I get the conclusion that RAID is compatible with WD TV but your WD TV will not recognized more than 1 drive out of total drives you have in it. I am very sure with my conclusion .and I also read about Mediason ProBox 4-bay enclosure that WD live can recognized drives up to 2TB and it is not recognized Up to 8 TB .you can resolved this problem by selecting newest version of firmware, this firmware update to fix the 2TB issue. If you try to access on internet then it does not create big difference when your computer is attached to read it.