Thread: Asus Eee 901 extremely slow

Asus Eee 901 extremely slow

I just bought an EeePC 901 from EBay refurbished and abominable slow. I thought the difficulty might be with XP, and, as I reflect about doing a dual boot with Windows XP and Ubuntu 10 anyway, went ahead and plugged in my SD card install Ubuntu. Hitting F8 at boot, the BIOS tells me it cannot continue for the reason that "primary hard disk HDMI installed. I’ve done a little research on the EeePC models further and it seems the 16-GB SSD has a comparable difficulty to mine, where everything is very sluggish due to reading speed in the SSD. Is this the identical difficulty with my computer? Can take away the drive from 8 GB to just use the 4 GB disc? Or is this computer a lemon?

Re: Asus Eee 901 extremely slow

It is probable that the 4GB was removed and installed the operating system to anybody in the slower 8 GB. You'll have to double verify the bios and see if the 4 GB was not disabled. Check the menu at boot hard drive should appear. The relationship flanked by the two is a bit intricate to explain; nevertheless fundamentally it can substitute the 8GB, nevertheless do not have 4GB, and run the system with a better replacement SSD.

I brought Mwave MY 701SD and renewed to 8gig SSD with Windows XP on it. She ran like a tortoise, not matter what I tried. The momentum was concerning the identical on the SD card. I wonder at the present whether or not renewed Mwave this 701SD 8 insert a secondary 901 gig SSD. AntiX runs fast on it do not be returned. But I wonder after reading this thread. Require to examine the model number of unit of 701SD and see if it matches the model number for 8 gig SSD EEEPC 901 schools. You never know.

Just to update you on my situation - which eliminates the 8 GB SSD to see if my 901 back to the primary unit of 4 GB. Rejection of primary drive that was renowned, and asks me to restart. I'm at present using Ubuntu 9.10 from an SD card, which is much faster than XP was. He constantly sent a message to the guy I bought this for my problems, but he continues to insist that the 4GB unit is connected to the motherboard. There seems no way I can entrée the unit, on the other hand, so my guess is either missing or corrupted.

Also - the salesman went to his official website to prove that my EeePC could not function without the 4 GB SSD. on the other hand, if I understand writing this correctly, and please let me know if not, it seems the only way to confirm if the main unit (which is it seems that removable) is to be cut through of the parts will void the warranty and therefore make the very difficult returning the item. I think I might be getting pushed here.

If you can heat, as with a heat gun or comparable, then you may be able to shift without breaking. Very not easy, excluding something to consider for a last resort. Although if you do not distinguish anything in the BIOS, then it probably is not there and he has been deceived or the seller was speedy and is in denial. Either way is likely to request a change or at least make sure you have the guarantee .If Asus accepts it, then you can arrange for you. Otherwise the seller will have to return it and have to deal with it.