Thread: Super talent ssd upgrade with Asus EeePC 901 didn’t work

Super talent ssd upgrade with Asus EeePC 901 didn’t work

I tried speeding up my "old" 901 with a new SSD as a replacement for the second 8 GB SSD-Ram. I always use my Eee Without battery power feed. First I tried the "FPM64GLSE Super Talent" and this seems to work appropriately. I installed Windows XP again from the original ASUS CD and also installed all the updates from Microsoft and a bunch of little tools, no more. The Eee works well for about 2 weeks. Then, the PC freezes / hang up first, remember that this happens while the screen was in "Power Saving Mode" (off). After a reboot it happens more often daily. Sometimes after an accident like this, the SSD was not renowned from the BIOS, and simply one to unplug the power cable permanent this difficulty. Send this SSD frustrated again and reinstall the old and made a new installation as above, everything works fine, but only slow. My 901 sometimes run all night doing some of my domains monitoring or downloading server log files for analysis or something, but if the Eee hangs randomly, its truth not useful. Has a name an thought how to get a faster SSD to work?

Re: Super talent ssd upgrade with Asus EeePC 901 didn’t work

SuperTalent has not completed a new Flash Con SSD in a while, and PCI have turn out to be SATA existence. So it may be further suitable to obtain a SSD Runcore .as well makes convinced your bios version 1808 or later for proper SATA support. I am happy that I am part of this extremely high class forum. If I got any further doubt I will ask here only and If I know any solution regarding to this difficulty. I will reply here as soon as possible.

I tried all the BIOS from 1808 until 2103, remain the same. The Eee runs very well, but if I had to work "solo" during the night or day, hang up after a while. I've heard of a difficulty with it, nevertheless I cannot discover something about it. I believe a lot of people are using SSD others and seems to work, what is wrong here if anyone has more doubt regarding this matter please let me know here. I will try to solve your problem.

It could be the RAM, not all are constant in all conditions. Particularly, for the reason that it changes the FSB and a more rapid SSD reduces latency and memory bandwidth of more well-known. So the combination can often make the system unstable if the RAM cannot be kept in sync. No two RAM modules are exactly the same either. So we cannot rely on earlier work by create / model and you might require attempting more than a few. Like I used Kingston HyperX RAM a high-end choice with very low latency.

I luckily ordered a few modules, as it only worked on my 901 without causing an accident each time they went to Super Performance. The others work well in other systems, nevertheless all the Eee PC is dissimilar depending on things like the core voltage, which can be tartan in Eee PC's BIOS, things like SSD and RAM. I’m happy with the performance.

Identification everyone thinks of reference for units without her Super Talent (presumptuous SuperHybridEngine) installed. Process of elimination. It runs a different operating system. I'm not saying you have to resort to using Linux, if you want the units, but it helps to better identify the problem to be hardware or software. Switch to Linux hope your problem will be solved. If you have any further doubts than do let me know here.