Thread: Blank Screen on Lenovo T410s attached with mini dock plus series 3 and dual monitors

Blank Screen on Lenovo T410s attached with mini dock plus series 3 and dual monitors

On my Lenovo T410s ThinkPad I’m getting an error due to its configuration. When I connected two 16” DVI- monitors with Lenovo T410 ThinkPad to the docking station while booting I can’t see any output on my two external monitors screen. After loading the operating system window vista, the two external monitors screen appears. Still l I don’t know what this error occurred while in the BIOS all detection of external hard disk is enabled. Friends please help me about this problem.

Re: Blank Screen on Lenovo T410s attached with mini dock plus series 3 and dual monitors

I’m using optimus technology, and it’s activated in the BIOS for preventing the external monitors from appearing. If you will set the “Display Device” to be ‘isolated ’ of optimus, then it will give option for selecting the external monitors 1 and 2 so you can select the monitor 1 and 2 and the system will display on external monitor while booting. You also had to set ‘Os detection for NVIDIA optimus ’ to disable mode, if you not disabling that mode then BIOS will automatically switch to Optimus, and the system wouldn’t display on external screen. Thus, this appears to be a situation including the BIOS and Optimus.

Re: Blank Screen on Lenovo T410s attached with mini dock plus series 3 and dual monitors

If you will set Display> OS detection for Switchable Graphics [enabled], the system will change your BIOS-setting from Display->Graphics Device [Discrete Graphics] to Display->Graphics Device [Switchable Graphics]. Then, after booting UNDOCKED, the next boot DOCKED will source the same problem yet again: as actual graphics devise is used Integrated Graphics, which does not support any external monitors on the mini-Dock, your external Monitor stays black.

The best solution you will get from the Lenovo:
    For example an additional BIOS-Setting - Graphics Device for Boot methodology", which cannot be influenced by the OS/Graphics Driver.
    Or just to prohibit the System to Change the BIOS-Setting for "Display->Graphics Device". The System should be allowed to switch graphics if "Display->OS Detection for Switchable Graphics" is set to [Enabled], but without changing the BIOS-Setting "Display->Graphics Device".

While booting first we have to make sure that “Display Device” to discrete mode then it will give you option for the selection of externals monitors which are connected to your Lenovo ThinkPad through mini dock. If you were not enabling that mode than it will not detect that two DVI external monitors. So because of this you will get this error, not showing screen of the external monitor display. This error is also get occurred due to the operating system also like XP operating system this Switching Display Device to enabling it doesn’t give option for enabling in BIOS.

If the original preloaded operating system is vista, then switch to Switchable Graphics mode to enabled. Remember one thing XP doesn’t support switchable graphics.
    For enabling the switchable graphic machines, enter in to the BIOS via F1, select config -> display and set the following parameters.
    After entering in to BIOS, select
    1. Default Primary Video Device [internal]
    2. Boot display device [Thinkpad LCD]
    3. Graphics Device [Discrete Graphics]
    4. OS detection for switchable [Disable]

Hope so this will help in your solving error.