Thread: BIOS is showing 1GB instead of 4GB HDD in Asus EEE PC

BIOS is showing 1GB instead of 4GB HDD in Asus EEE PC

Hi I am having a serious problem in the Asus Eee PC 1000 x Instead 4GB HDD EEEPC shows 1 GB HDD - if the problem is the controller or in memory chips. Please help me in solving the problem. Thanking all in advanced for helping me and giving me the suggestions.

Re: BIOS is showing 1GB instead of 4GB HDD in Asus EEE PC

In the event that it demonstrates SILICONMOTION SM223 and 1GB in BIOS, then I suspect an equipment situation. Inasmuch as the "HDD" is not a HDD, but a SSD, and the SSD is not removable, this leaves few choices. You would be able to fix a "Linux Live CD" on your 1 GB and archive the information on a SDHC card. Repairing the SSD is not practical; it could need updating some ICs on the prevailing slat. Establishing a late SSD with SATA interface could be simpler, see in the "Hacks and Modifications" discussion.

The brisk and effortless alter is a SDHC card. It will be about as snappy as the interior SSD in the 701, and they're economical and effortless to fix-actually slide it into the opening. Effortless to switch to an additional machine, as well. OS was Windows XP. EEEPC stopped to run OS. I take a gander at the size of the HDD in the BIOS-there are no allotments-demonstrated the whole measure. To check the drive size, go too advanced>IDE config, select the drive then after that press drop in. It might as well demonstrate SILICONMOTION SM223 and 4GB

I’d have a look in the BIOS to see what it says there..... It’s a strange one though it also reboot to if it’s just windows having one of its 'moments' then if it still doesn’t show up id be getting it replaced. From a cold start, keep hitting F2 until the bios screen appears. You should now see that the bio recognizes the 2 gig. Hit f10 to save and exit. You should now see 2 gig is activated.

I imagine that you need to do this before it will distinguish the brand new memory chip. I introduced an old form of Photoshop on my 1000H and was setting up memory administration for it and it could not give me a chance to gain entrance to the additional 1GB of memory until I permitted the BIOS to programmed discover it. Diagnostics systems could report the right memory, but a significant number of projects would not be able to know it’s there until the BIOS setting tell them that it’s ready.

Since you hold the speedy boot (or whatever its brought) set in BIOS it won't distinguish the higher RAM limit as the fast boot essentially skips past things like memory verify and goes the final esteem it had (the stock 1Gb). Unequivocally put a 2GB in my 1000 and had to do the Bios recovery to get it to appear. Now on to stop the Paging File. Unequivocally doubting that you've found the 2 GB update has precipitated any detectable improvement? I instituted some final week, but I don't have a craving for anything is quick/faster. Prevailing explanation I redesigned was that it was so affordable-2 GB for £12.

The 2GB line, in any case, a method absolute necessity the ‘large location space aware’ banner set in its displayed visualization. Access to the supplemental virtual memory is select-in on account of some requisitions have gathered that they’d be given at most 2GB of the location space. In consideration of the towering spot of a pointer referencing a location beneath 2GB is invariably zero; they could utilize the heightened touch in their pointers as a banner for their particular information, clearing it obviously before referencing the information. Since they ran with a 3GB location space they could incidentally truncate pointers that have qualities more fabulous than 2GB, bringing on system mistakes incorporating feasible information defilement.