Thread: Won’t get the warranty for Lenovo thinkpad X201i

Won’t get the warranty for Lenovo thinkpad X201i

Hi, I would say I am very disappointed with the Lenovo’s service, the thing was like when I had my first thinkpad form them, it was working perfectly but after sometime I have installed a new SSD HDD to the machine and get out the original HDD in the case, so everything was working perfectly before sometime, but suddenly started getting problem regarding that, and because of that only I went to service center, so they told me that the warranty is actually voided, and I have to pay for the damages made. But I am not getting as the warranty period is still remaining why they are saying that I have to pay them? any idea?

Re: Won’t get the warranty for Lenovo thinkpad X201i

It seems that you have already opened your machine, and from that moment only your warranty was voided, see let me tell you first of all that if suppose there is any problem with the hardware or the software the best practice is too visit the service center first rather than solving it by our own, and especially when we don’t know how to do that exactly. And off course you have to pay according the damage you have made.

Yeah Exactly I also have the same opinion as the above user, as there are certain terms and condition under that only we get the benefit of warranty of the product. But if suppose you just went outside those condition, so for that you have to pay. And off course if the product is the warranty period though, physical damage by ourselves leads to pay for sure. There isn’t any way to go out of it.

The quality of their product is quite pathetic, but still whenever I got any problem with my machine, I always use to visit the service center only, and they always help me to resolve the problem without any cost, so now there isn’t any way through which you can get the things back without paying them or to any technician. And off course here also you should get the solution from the service center only, though they would charge you more but still you’ll get the warranty for that.

No actually I was not aware, and by the way though I do this the laptop was working fines before someday, this is happened to me recently only, Ok I am sure that they are not going to give me anymore, so now please help me solving my problem. as the machine won’t start at all, I have checked all the things as the battery is charged, all the hardware are also working properly but still having problem with booting. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

vAntonio1 Guest

There might be too many problem with the machine though you have a perfect hardware, so as it seems that you have removed your hard drive, so from the beginning it might be possible that you haven’t put it back actually perfectly, so make sure that the HDD and other devices are perfectly connected to each other. And if suppose the machine is still not getting started you should visit thee service center dude, I insist you.