Thread: Display won’t appear on Lenovo ThinkPad T61with Nvidia Quadro NVS 140M

Display won’t appear on Lenovo ThinkPad T61with Nvidia Quadro NVS 140M

I need help regarding my Lenovo ThinkPad T61. I bought it 2 years back with Nvidia Quadro NVS 140M and its warranty expired few months back. I am consistently facing problem with its display. It turns Green when working on it. It happens after around 15-20 minutes later when I turn on Laptop Also when system starts the startup screen will display some glitch text and half part of screen blue and half part of screen red. I don’t know what the problem with my display. And other thing I want to tell that if it is keep idle for 20 minutes it goes to normal condition as before.

Re: Display won’t appear on Lenovo ThinkPad T61with Nvidia Quadro NVS 140M

I think your system is overheating. Since you said that after keeping it idle. Then display is working perfectly. I think you have faulty GPU.As I know such a display problem arise only when there was some problem with display hardware. Overheating can cause more damage to your laptop so I will suggest you Even your warranty is expired call Lenovo service. They will provide you guidance and further assistance. If they told you to service your laptop do servicing it can resolve your problem.

I am also having problem with my laptop Lenovo T61. I think it can happen due to dust over hardware parts of laptop. I give a try and cleaned parts of laptops. And it works for few days. But later on same problem arises again. Can anyone provide solutions regarding this? I can say that the problem is with the Nvidia Quadro itself. Since it is related to display only. I have called Lenovo regarding it and they said that it is not a problem with your Nvidia Quadro. They told me come with laprop at service center. They will resolve its issue. And Nvidia also agreed that they have problem of overheating with some of the mobile chips as news posted over CNET.

I had faced same problem few days back with my Lenovo T61. My problem is that my system gives some glitch display with red, blue colors few days later my system is started freezing to do anything I need to restart. I don’t know what is going on to the system. I have 1 and ½ years of warranty left so I contacted Lenovo regarding this they told to me to send laptop to service center. They checked laptop. They told that problem is with motherboard and not with the Nvidia Quadro. So they replaced my motherboard. And now my laptop working perfectly. So go to service center and check the problem of your laptop it can be related to motherboard.