Thread: Serious keyboard flex on Lenovo ThinkPad T420s

Serious keyboard flex on Lenovo ThinkPad T420s

I have think I have a unique problem here, I have just received my Lenovo ThinkPad T420s which I had ordered through the companies official site ,and just got the delivery of this at my home , but I am noticing that there is lot of flex that was available in it while I played this keyboard , I previously though that this problem, was normal and could be easily solved without any issue , but I just could not solve this problem , so please help me out .

Re: Serious keyboard flex on Lenovo ThinkPad T420s

As you have just finished this work I was there but I guess there is seems to be no way out from here, I have been previously working on this for a long time but I haven ‘y got any success toll know m but I have on the other way round made it to so just follow as I am saying as there is no other way that could help you in a much better way, just call the customer care and ask them about he problem that you are facing , and I think that you would be done in with your problem .

I think that should be possibly caused by dirty handling of the devices that you are having, I mean you might have dropped it in a while which is in turn cause in you flex issue with the laptop that you are having other than this I would also like to know if this was possible from the company side , so if you have valid warranty card , just knock the door s of the Lenovo company and they would fix the problem for you for free.

Well thanks for al the replies that you guys gave me , I was not hoping for such an early replies , however , I have already send my laptop to the company and the returned me the laptop just the other day , and it seems to be working just fine , but soon after working on it , for some time , I noticed that this flex according again the left most side of the keyboard , I just don ‘t understand how , because the company just completely replacement my keyboard free of charge .

I think that it is a more over a global problem that is faced by every user of this model that is given by Lenovo here is what I have found, I have previously not been able to use this one because of the same problem that you stated here, but after a detailed survey , I have found out that it was serious design fault that was created by the company that did not had the screws in it . And was just supported with the rubber pad itself.

That is really a very bad problem that is faced by the users of the this laptop ,and I am the one who already faced this , so I found out a way through which this flex could be avoided , I just gave a extra support to me chassis by placing a 30 cm foot ruler just under it which made this very vulnerable to use it initially but as you use this you might get used to it , so just try it , out , it just removed the flex that was occurring , it more over a home made solution .

I think that it is really not possible to view this one on my laptop as I would never like to try out the home made version of this, I would rather like to have a better version option like changing the whole chassis as that might reduce the flux permenatnaly as I am not going to use some cheap chassis that is been created by the company, till then I think that would be a better option for me .I wish I would never have opted for hp .