Thread: Lenovo ThinkPad T510 fan creates acceleration noise every 5 seconds

Lenovo ThinkPad T510 fan creates acceleration noise every 5 seconds

I have new Lenovo ThinkPad T510 model. The fan of this model creating pulsing noise every 5 seconds. According to me it checks thermo reading and resets fan every 5 seconds no matters what speed it has. Now I can 100% tell that after every 5 seconds I will hear pulse noise. Can anyone please help me to solve this problem?

Re: Lenovo ThinkPad T510 fan creates acceleration noise every 5 seconds

It is quiet annoying that such type of pulse problem has occurred in ThinkPad T510.Since in year 2004 for some of old models of ThinkPad T40,T41,T42,T43 ,X31,X60,R40,600E same problem has occurred. It is actually bug in firmware of your laptop which will cause pulsing. According to their notes on this problem the pulsing actually triggered by the embedded controller when it monitors fan speed. For some models at that time they launched update for embedded controller which solved the issue. You can search Lenovo site for such a update for embedded controller has launched by then for your model also or not.

You have Lenovo ThinkPad T510 right. There is ThinkPad fan controlling utility available over net for download. Try to download it and install it .But be careful it can create problems you may use it at your own risk. This utility monitors CPU Temperature and uses ACPI to control the speed of fan manually. This utility was designed for T41 model but it was working on other models also. The program running as windows service is available for download. If the program crashes system will restart. Such a crash can cause damage to your system. System may give overheating problem and system can cause damage due to this.

Replacing fan can solve this problem. Many of the people who using T41, T40 are reported that they have replaced there fan with new one. And this solves the problem. So replace your fan with new one can resolve your issue. Check your BIOS is up to date or not. If not then try to check update of your BIOS over Lenovo site. Download latest version and try to update it. It can solve your issue of Acceleration. Try to search for the firmware of your model if new firmware is available for your laptop then in it problem may be resolved in it check logs of it.

It can be the problem with the power consumption. It may be due to overpower consumption which cause overheating. So please try to reduce power consumption. Unload drivers for unused device such as Bluetooth, IRDA, and USB 1.1.Reduce Hard Drive activity. Reduce LCD Brightness. Reduce CPU wakeups so systems stay in power saving mode. Use devices use power saving feature. Such as USB auto suspend, Wireless power saving modes. There is powerTOP utility it will helpful for reducing power consumption. You can also reduce power by enabling power management. Disable I/O port which are not necessary.