Thread: Terrible placement of Lenovo Thinkpad T420 DVD eject button

Terrible placement of Lenovo Thinkpad T420 DVD eject button

I usually use my laptop on when I am on bed and the problem is that while doing it I constantly hit the DVD eject button. This is very annoying as it is getting opened all the times. Now I want to disable that. So can you tell me that if there is any possible way by which I can disable or lock this button? I don’t have any idea that how this can be done so I am posting this over here. So if anyone of you have any idea that how this can be done then please suggest me that.

Re: Terrible placement of Lenovo Thinkpad T420 DVD eject button

You can try by disabling the DVD driver from your computer. I have never did that and so I am not 100 percent sure that it is going to solve the problem. Anyway, you can give it a try and see if that can solve the problem. Please reply if this helps you in any way. I hope that someone else will post some advanced solution for this. Anyway, by that time you can try by disabling the driver. Good Luck!!!

I know that you will feel that the design for this is terrible but it is not made considering that at what position you are going to use that. It is made by taking into mind that users are going to use that in normal position. So you should think of that before you actually purchase that. They are not going to change the place of that button so that you can use that by lying down on the bed. So go for some other unit according to your need.

The prior series the eject button was flush to the countenance of the optical drive panel an as yet undisclosed place in the center. Now somebody chose to be nice and stylish not looking at role and put the launch catch in the base edge. Not just is this game disagreeable, the bind additionally stays out from the plastic about 1-2mm; actually enough to make it the first thing you hit. There def ought to be a 2-tap driver overhaul for this situation or a gameplan to secure the launch bind the systray. This effects essentially every last trace of the newfangled progression that utilization the Sony Ontiarc drive.