Thread: Lenovo ThinkPad Z61t battery flashing amber light

Lenovo ThinkPad Z61t battery flashing amber light

I am using the Lenovo ThinkPad Z61t from last one year and now I have started getting problem with that. I found that the battery led started rapidly flashing amber. So I turned that off and after a few minutes when I started that again then I get the same thing again. I tried to restart that many times but all the times it was having the same result. Please tell me that what can be the reason for this and how can it be solved. Please reply ASAP. Thank you!!!

Re: Lenovo ThinkPad Z61t battery flashing amber light

It may be because of the dust in the battery so what you can do is remove the battery form it and clean the dust if it is on the battery and then reinsert that properly to its place. So, it may be because of the dust in that and cleaning it will resolve the issue. It is the most common reason for this issue and cleaning the battery will solve the problem. If that do not help you then please reply back and we will solve that in some other possible way.

Hey, I have faced the similar problem earlier. I tried by cleaning the battery and all the other minor solutions for this but that do not helped me. So after surfing very long, I decided to get a new battery and installing new battery solves the problem. So it will be better for you to not waste time on all this and get a new battery. This is the only possible solution for this. Get a good quality battery to avoid future problems.

For this, you can make use of the Lenovo Power Manager. So search and download that. Install it on your system. It is the package that will install the software Power Management Driver that is intended for the power management. Make sure that you are using the latest one of this. This will fix the problem for you. I am also using the same and so recommending you this. Please go through the manual first that how to use that.

The best thing that you can do is to contact the Lenovo and ask them about this problem. They will tell you that what can be done in order to solve this problem. I am sure that they will help you and tell you that what is the exact issue with this and how that can be solved. This should be your first step in order to solve this problem. Do it and also post the answer from Lenovo here so that it will be helpful for other people who are searching for the same problem.

I would*suggest you contact*service.* If you are outside warranty, then you could would like to investigate your choices in terms of obtaining out of warranty parts through Lenovo or outer origins and reinstating the slat yourself, or sending the framework in for out of warranty utility through the Lenovo repair focus or one of our utility partners.* You could probably visit uphold post and put in the model sort of your framework, then afterward prefer the part catalogue connection to identify the FRU (aid part) number for the framework slat / planar.