Thread: RAM memory update for Lenovo Thinkpad 600e

RAM memory update for Lenovo Thinkpad 600e

I recently bought the Thinkpad 600e and I needed to upgrade the RAM and for that reason I got 128 x 2 SODIMM PC100 (in total 256). I installed that in the machine but the problem is that the mainboard is only using the 160 RAM (32 onboard and 128 RAM). I need to use all the RAM memory but is not able to occupy all the memory. If someone can help me with this then please help me.

re: RAM memory update for Lenovo Thinkpad 600e

Have you updated the driver in your computer? If you have not updated that then search for the latest update on internet and then update that on your computer. Many of the times, this is the problem with the BIOS and updating the BIOS resolves the problem. So you will have to do the same and see if that can solve the problem for you or not. I am quite sure that it will help you. Good Luck!!!

I have recently upgraded mine with two 256mb pc100 cards and that is not showing me any such problem. The only additional thing that I done to it is that, I disabled the internal ram from that. So if you want to try then you can also do the same and see if it can use all the memory from which you have added. I don’t know that if it is the solution or not but you can try it once for sure.

There might be problem with the mainboard that you are using. I think that some of the RAM slot in the mainboard is gone bad and so one of your memory module is not able to connect to the board and as a result of that you are getting this problem. So you should confirm that the memory module slot is working. Check that reply us back that if it was the culprit for this. I hope you will be out of this soon.

Re: RAM memory update for Lenovo Thinkpad 600e

To know the solution for this, you can contact to the Lenovo support and ask them for the same. They will let you know that what is the problem with that and how can you resolve the issue. They are best in the customer support and they will help you in all possible way for resolving this. That will be the best place to get the answer other than wondering here and there.