Thread: Lenovo ThinkPad X220t: Bluetooth PAN connects only at 1 Mbps

Lenovo ThinkPad X220t: Bluetooth PAN connects only at 1 Mbps

I have recently bought the Lenovo ThinkPad X220t and am trying to run the Bluetooth tethering. It is able to connect and functions but when I looked to the network adapter properties then I found that it only connects at 1 Mbps which is very low. My previous laptop was able to connect with 3.0 Mbps then why it is very slow with the ThinkPad X220t. Please help me with that. I will be thankful to all the replies.

Re: Lenovo ThinkPad X220t: Bluetooth PAN connects only at 1 Mbps

If the Bluetooth driver is not installed properly to your computer then you might get the problems like this. So in that case, you also know that what you will have to do. Just see for the latest version of the driver on internet and install that to your computer. This is the best thing that I can tell you now and there are more chances that this issue will be resolved after this. If this does not help you then you can reply back and we will try to solve this in some other way.

If the problem is with the usb Bluetooth adapter then also you will get the issues like this. So what you can do is, just remove the usb bluetooth adapter and after that install that over again. Other than this you can also try by e-enabling the Thinkpad Bluetooth and see if the speed get increases to some extends or not. So do these two things and let us know if this helps you or not.

You can check in your Devmgmt and see if the laptop comes with the BT 2.1 or 3.0. If it comes with the BT 2.1 then you might get less speed because of this and if you are having the BT 3.0 then the speed will be proper. So if in your case, it is BT 2.1 then I would like to recommend you to upgrade that to BT 3.0 and that will solve the problem for you. I am having the BT 3.0 and there is no problem related to the speed.

Bluetooth 3.0+HS is only able to hold the hypothetical data transfer speeds which is about 24 Mbit/s though not above the Bluetooth link itself. The High-Speed part of it is not obligatory and therefore only devices sporting the "+HS" will in fact hold the Bluetooth above the Wifi high-speed data transfer. A Bluetooth 3.0 device devoid of HS suffix will not hold up High Speed.

In the event that you go immaculately by the specs, Bluetooth 3.0 accommodates a level capacity mode.* Not the same amount as what 4.0 will give, but a cut above what 2.1 as of now needs. I've additionally perceived episodically that the sound value is much preferred with the Broadcom drivers over my stereo Bluetooth headset versus the default Lenovo ones.* Overall, it appears as it would be if the recurrence reaction was knock up so things didn't appear as obfuscated and cut as heretofore, but given that I see no explanation to minimization to attempt a twofold-without vision test, you'll actually need to attempt it yourself to see how correct that is.