Thread: Power button mod for asus eee pc 1005ha

Power button mod for asus eee pc 1005ha

i decide to moving my asus eee pc 1005ha into a mini arcade machine. First I did the RAM and SSD upgrades on it and then got in progress. Currently Windows 7 OS running on it. Now I want to put an external power button that will power on the laptop? Is the power button soldered onto the motherboard? Please help me to do this task. I really need such kind of thing on my laptop. Thanks for any help.

Re: Power button mod for asus eee pc 1005ha

A lot of case mod projects involve the power switch. Before the ATX specification was developed, the power switch was a frequent cause of failure. The ATX specification fixed the worst problems and it took the power switch out of the mains side. The PSU is powered from the mains supply. Some PSUs have their own shutoff switch, which allows interrupting the mains supply for whatever reason. You need to use this ATX PSU facility. It work in most cases.

Today, I'm going to show you how to replace your power switch / button with a key switch. Initially, we need some tools and they are Screwdriver, Solder gun, Solder, Dremel, rotozip, Key switch, Wire cutters etc. first, we need to unplug all wires of computer and then you need to use this tools and replaced power switch with the key switch. Then you need to cut the new hole for the key switch and put the key lock on it. The next step is to be cut the old switch off of these two wires and connect it to the key switch. It works and your problem is solved.

you could try using a light switch put in at an angle. This will be also the alternative way to solve the existing problem of this laptop. It works most of the time and you never faced any problem after that. you will have to rotate the switch on for a instant, and then off, to activate it to start, and then to trigger it to shut down, you will again flip the switch on for a flash. Your system will power up, and then power down 4 seconds later. It works and finally you can fix this problem.

Neither one of these work unless you are on a dedexed ROM which nearly all custom ROM's are. As part of a case mod, I wanted to switch out the green/orange LED behind the power button with a white LED on a Sawtooth G4. Reading the instructions does help especially if you are a newbie. The manual of the PSU also help to you for doing such kind of complicated task. Hence use this kind of instruction and then perform the necessary instruction on it.

Any hack and or case mod involve a certain level of risk. There are more than a few sharp edges inside the case which can cut through your fleshy bits quite easily. You need to follow this step on the process manner. It work and then you can able to fix the problem. You can also take the help of the expert person which is present on the official site of the PSU. It works and in the result it sove your problem. Then use this advice and solve your problem.