Thread: Surviving a spill - HP Pavilion dv7 works when video disabled

Surviving a spill - HP Pavilion dv7 works when video disabled

Last two month I have work on hp pavilion dv7 laptop and then few incidence happen on yesterday. I spilled a drink on this laptop unfortunately. Now when I try to use this laptop then the screen shows black screen randomly. In this black screen the laptop will throws music sound if I run music file on background. Then I decided to disable the video adaptor and I do this task. Immediately the screen black problem is solved. windows 7 running on my laptop. I need reason why this happen. Is there any way to avoid it?

Re: Surviving a spill - HP Pavilion dv7 works when video disabled

If the motherboard contain on your laptop will be works well and it provide the graphics hardware, then you don’t need to disable the video adapter. This is not the video adaptor problem. If the laptop screen goes black without giving any error or warning message then it would be possible that the problem is related to the graphics. As per you mention music files run at background hence this is the graphics driver problem and hence you need to update this driver. It solve your problem.

For solving this problem I have one process. You need to first click start and then open Run window. Then type screen resolution and press enter on it. In the dialog window select detect display and then it show that another display one isn’t present on this laptop. Then you need to hit the identify to identify display number of laptop. Finally test display number for your monitor on Display lists. Select that number and apply setting. It solve your problem.

I would like to suggest you to perform the system restore task on this system. This will be work sometime to solve this black screen problem. You need to just do the system restore using the option present on the control panel. Then use the control panel option and set the system restore point. Use this point and restore your previous system setting. It helps you to solve the problem. Try this and see what happen on your laptop.

Remove the battery from the laptop and then put it back. Now, make sure your computer is receiving a black screen or not. This is the alternative way that will be help to solve the screen problem. Yes it works when the battery not able to provide the decent power supply to the screen of the laptop. I think you need to try this solution it might be work and then you can able to see laptop screen with the enable video adaptor.

If you haven't already solve this problem, try going into Safe Mode and doing a system restore. This safe mode will be work to solve any kind of graphics related problem. You need to just press F8 or Del key when the laptop starts to booting. Then select safe mode option and press enter. It open in safe mode. After doing this task, just follow the restore process on that and it will be solve your black screen problem.