Thread: Lenovo T61: How to determine memory slot in use?

Lenovo T61: How to determine memory slot in use?

I am wondering that if there is any way by which I can determine that if 2GB memory is in which slot without opening the computer and if I am having any other slot available for additional memory. I am having the Lenovo T61. I did a search on google but found the exact way by which I can do that. If somebody of you know that how this can be done then please let me know that. I will be thankful to all the replies.

re: Lenovo T61: How to determine memory slot in use?

I actually don’t know the way to do that but it will be best for you if you purchase the additional 2GB straightforwardly from Lenovo. You will be charged some extra money to ensure compatibility of that with your model. So if you are going to get one then please don’t get it from the anyplace other than the Lenovo. And never try to open that yourself because you might damage the parts of it and void the warranty.

You must have the manual for this with you if you bought it new and if you are having it then I would recommend you to go through that once and you will come to know that what is the exact method to do that or how much slots are there in your machine. This will be the best way to determine the number of slots or modules in that. If you are not getting that then please reply us back so we can try to find some other way for this.

Other than doing all these, you can simply contact the Lenovo support and ask them for this. But before doing that you should be ready with the exact model name that you are using. This is because they will ask you for the model number to provide you the exact solution for this. So it will be best for you to contact the Lenovo support and ask for your query. This is the best way that I can recommend you.

There is no possible way by which you can know that how many memory slots are there in your computer as far as I know but you can know that how many memory modules as there in your computer. You can go through the manual and you will get the way to know that. Other than this if you are not getting the way to do that then contacting he Lenovo support is also a good choice for you. I hope that this will help you.

I would like to tell you that the DDR2 is backwards compatible. The only difference is that if you run the faster module as compared to the system support then it is going to throttle down and that will run at the maximum that the system that supports you. If you wish to know more regarding the DDR2 then you can make use of the Wikipedia when you want.