Thread: Lenovo x220t pen now working well on edges of screen

Lenovo x220t pen now working well on edges of screen

When I searched on google for this then I found that there are many calibration issues threads but none of them was having the proper solution for this. If I go to the edge of the screen then I found that the pen is not working. So in short there is no proper calibration on the screen. So I thought that I should start my own thread for this so that I can get the response from you people. Thank you so much in advance from replying.

Re: Lenovo x220t pen now working well on edges of screen

I believe that it is having the physical limitation for the digitizer panel. Edge performance is normally not comes if you are a few mm away from the border. So if that is coming in that way then it is not the problem, it is the way by which it is build. But if you are getting this on a big distance from the border then that could be problematic and you will need to consider solving the problem. So make it confirm first.

According to me, they permit over a 4 point calibration test if they are additional precise. In the case of the Lenovo, they are simply terrible in terms of tough and the pen as well. They should expand the digitizers a few millimeters into the bezel and that will help to solve this problem. I hope that they will implement this in their next release and if they don’t resolve this soon then they will surely going to lose some of their customers.

You should check that if this is under warranty or not. If it is still under warranty then you will not have to do anything to your computer. Just visit to your dealer and if they failed to help you much then you can send that directly to the Lenovo support and they will fix the problem for you. It will be the best way if this is under warranty. So do this and post us back that what is the result of this.

I do not think that this is the physical restriction of the device but I believe that it is the defective device or can be the terrible design. I am having the X61T MT/MV edition and that is working great. It is extremely accurate to its performance. I think that it is only Lenovo who can solve this problem. If it will be the case with me then I would have contacted to the Lenovo and get this solved from them.

There is one way that you can try to see if that can solve the problem that you are facing. What you will have to do is just open the calibration settings and see for the "eraser" function. Just disable that function from the digitizer. This may fix the problem that you are facing. I am not very sure that this will help you but it will not be a bad idea to try it once and see if that helps you.

I think that this is because of the Wacom tablet drivers. If you also think that this is the problem for you then you can simply uninstall the drivers for it from your computer and after that install it again. You can search and download the latest driver for it and install that. It will provide you more assurance that the problem will be fixed. So do this and let us know if it works or not.