Thread: unable to install audio drivers in Lenovo ThinkPad T42

unable to install audio drivers in Lenovo ThinkPad T42

I have reinstalled windows XP in my laptop before someday because I got some virus in my laptop. Now after installing the window Xp again in my laptop I am facing one problem with my laptop. Now whenever I try to install the audio drivers in my laptop at that time I get this message Driver Not Found! Reboot your system, and run this setup again. Please tell me what I should do to solve this problem.

Re: unable to install audio drivers in Lenovo ThinkPad T42

If you are trying to install the drivers directly from the CD and after that you are getting this problem then you have to first copy the driver installation files in your laptop hard disk and after that you have to open the device manger and after that click on the sound controllers and after that you have to right click on your audio device and after that click on the update drivers and after that you have to give the path of the folder where you have copied your drivers. Now it will install the drivers.

I have transferred the audio drivers file in my hard disk folder and after that I have I tried to update it from device manger but after trying al the steps which you have suggested at that time also I get the same problem with my laptop. Now after that I thought that there might be problem with my driver installation files that is why I tried to search the driver files on the intern but I am not able to find that. Please help me to fix this issue.

If you are not able to find the drivers form the internet then I will help you with download the audio drive for your laptop. you have to download the drivers by clicking here AUDIO DRIVERS. Now after clicking that you have to first run the Ccleaner in your laptop and after that you should try to install the audio drivers. Now check whether you are getting any error or not?

From internet I have downloaded latest audio drivers for my Lenovo ThinkPad T42 laptop and after downloading that I have run Ccleaner in my laptop. Now after running the ccleaner I have restart the laptop and dafter that I have tried to install latest audio drivers in my Lenovo ThinkPad T42 laptop and that drivers installed successfully. Now I am not facing any issue with my laptop. Thank you so much for helping me. I really appreciate your help.