Thread: Kingspec SATA SSD 16GB is not recognized in my Asus laptop

Kingspec SATA SSD 16GB is not recognized in my Asus laptop

I have recently bought Kingspec SATA SSD 16GB for my laptop and after that I have Asus Eee PC 901lapotp and after that when I connect it with my laptop at that time my laptop does not recognized that SSD. I have tried to solve this problem by trying whatever I know but after that also my laptop is still not recognizing the SSD. Please help me to solve this problem.

Re: Kingspec SATA SSD 16GB is not recognized in my Asus laptop

First of all I will suggest you to check whether you have placed the SSD properly or not and also check whether all the BIOS setting is proper In your laptop not? If you have not placed the SSD properly then you have to remove it from your laptop and after that you have to place the SSD again in your laptop. Now after placing the SSD properly in your laptop you have to check whether your laptop is detecting the SSD or not.

Well if you are not able to use your SSD with your laptop then you have to check your hard drive with other laptop and after that you have to check whether in other laptop your SSD is working or not? If your SSD is not working with other laptop then I think there might be something wrong with your SSD and according nto me you should return your SSD to the shop from whether you have bought it.

I will recommend you that first you have to update your BIOS an after that you will be able to use the Kingspec SATA SSD 16GB with your laptop. I have also tried this solution and after trying this solution my problem solved. I think you should also try this solution and after that check whether your problem solved or not. If you are not able to solve the problem but updating the BIOS also then let me know so I can help you with this solution.

Well I have checked my SSD with other laptop and it working fine with other laptop and in my BIOS setting all the things are proper. Now after that I have also tried to solve this issue by updating the BIOS in my laptop but after updating the BIOS when I have start the laptop at that time also my laptop doesn’t recognized my SSD. Is this problem is occurring because of the SSD incompatibility? If any one faci9ng the same problem and have solution then please let me know.

As far as I know Asus laptop normally have Flash_Con slot and Flash_Con slot have different pinout. If you want to use Kingspec SATA SSD 16GB with your laptop then you have to do modding. If your laptop can not recognize the SSD even after doing the modding also then you have to return your SSD to the seller or you have to visit the Asus service center and after that ask there for the solution.