Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 25-07-2011

Audio stopped working after the replacement of gpu in sony vaio laptop?

Hello guys I have a silly problem I have no idea what?s wrong with my laptop this is really frustrating ok so what I have done is I have a very old sony vaio laptop and this is at least 5 years old and then I just wanted to change something in it and what it did was I just plugged out the fan which was making a loud noise and I plugged it in back and there was no sound after that and then I thought to have some change in the gpu I thought of changing it and I did it but I wasn?t working still now tell me what to do please suggest m please?
Old 25-07-2011

Re: Audio stopped working after the replacement of gpu in sony vaio laptop?

I don?t know what problem is this I am not able to related with what you have done and what problem you are facing, anyways I would be saying just try to search out the problem by going through some basic steps like making up the changes in the driver reinstall the graphic and all and see that is it helping you out because I am just unable to think what could be the problem and also check up with the hardware what setting have you made and just check out you have done it as it was already.
Old 25-07-2011

Ok I think this is the problem with the hardware and try to fix whatever you have done I think you would have touched some wire and this would be the problem I think you need to recheck everything and plug the wires perfectly and I am not actually able to make that can there be any chance that this can be the problem due to the software because the software?s were untouched in this case so this is tuff that it can be a chance of having a problem in the software.
Old 25-07-2011

Well first of all I don?t know why you have been touching everything on your own this is really not done you should not actually touch the laptop hardware at all whatever the problem is and now I think you need to consult your engineer rather making more problems arise in front of you this would be the best choice I would be saying just do that and it would be helping you accordingly I just don?t want that you should create more problem for yourself.
Old 25-07-2011

Friend as you have said that this laptop has been at least five year old then I don?t think that there would be such a maintenance that the laptop would be completely clean I think the dust can be the problem and you need to check out with that I would say just clean up the laptop and carefully please and then just re assemble all the components and then try it again and I think 5 years old laptop can have some problem with its speaker or so there must be some problem with the speakers and when you did this activity it was an issue so I think this should be checked take it to the customer service and check if the speaker is ok.
Old 25-07-2011

surely an hardware problem need to check them once again that are they properly fixed into and if not then do it i think this would surely help you out and the hardware can be the only problem in this case because this cause has been arrived after you have been dealing with the hardware so i think you need to check that and hope that solves your problem.
Old 26-07-2011

Guys re assembling all the parts again did the trick i think some of the wires were loose and they were solved by re assembling it, thanks for the solution and if this wouldn't have been solved i would have been finished by my parents i really needed this solution to get solved as quickly as possible and i think your suggestions were too helpful and thanks to you all and this forum that they are always present here to help us. Kepp helping us in future also.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , ,