Thread: 8 GB RAM for ASUS Eee PC 1215N

8 GB RAM for ASUS Eee PC 1215N

Recently I have purchased ASUS Eee PC 1215N netbook. I am looking to have 8Gb RAM for the laptop of mine. Let me know whether it will be useful to have a RAM of 8GB? What will be the effect in case I have installed 8GB RAM on the laptop of mine. also I have noticed that Windows Experience Index is quite low because of the graphic capbillties. Let me know if there is any way to improve the same? any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: 8 GB RAM for ASUS Eee PC 1215N

As far as I know RAM slot is seems to be single channel and hence it seems to be independent. There are people who are saying that there would be memory remapping will result into the overhead hence there would be slow performance of the device of yours even if you have installed the RAM with the great capabilities. However the system which you are having will make the priority on one of the slot over of the any other slot.

Well looking at the situation which you have mentioned over here I recommend that you should simply add a HDMI with the system of yours. also you should make Force ION on the device of yours. also you might work on the power supply so that you will be able to get the requirement of yours. but still you are having any issue about the thing which I have mentioned over here than simply ask the same over here to get the further assistance.

I am not sure about the thing which I have mentioned over here but I am suggesting that you should try the same and let me know whether it was useful to you or not. You should go for the NVIDIA Control Panel of the system of yours and you have to click on the run everything with ION. And also you should add the program which will use the thing which I have mentioned over here and you will be able to add the program by using browser.

Make sure that proper function of the system of yours you should install the latest version of the driver on the computer of yours. to get the latest version of drivers you should visit the official website of the motherboard manufacturer and look for the latest version of the drivers and download the same and install the driver on the system of yours. once the installation is gets competed you should restart the computer of yours.

I think I know why Windows Experience Index is seems to be slow. In case you have installed RAM of 4GB on one of the socket the speed of the memory will be quite slower the motherboard of the system will think that both the modules are detected separately. According to me resuming the memory will work faster than that of the having 2GB RAM on each socket than that of the RAM of 4GB which is installed on the socket of the laptop of yours.