Thread: How to remove speeddrive from Jetflash620 USB drive ?

How to remove speeddrive from Jetflash620 USB drive ?

I just purchased a Jetflash 620 USB flash drive, so when I plugged it for the first time with my machine, it installed itself automatically, but as when I get it installed it was showing two different drives on my computer such as SecureDrive and TRANSCEND. But the thing is like I just want one drive and basically I am not interested in security. So the question is how do I remove the SecureDrive? I have read all the FAQ as well from their respective websites but didn’t got the proper solution to this, any suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: How to remove speeddrive from Jetflash620 USB drive ?

Got it correctly as you must have gotten two drive after installing the drive but still I would like to recommend you that you can keep both of the drive what is the problem in that, because the drive for security will not occupy more space, but this will help you a lot while you connect the flash drive with another machine, it will provide you the security and prevent the viruses as well, so according to me you should keep it though you are not entreated.

There is a application rather utility called Gparted which is used for removing the unwanted partitions, so you can make use of this software for removing it, but can you please tell me which operating system are you using? because I have heard that we can only use this software with the Linux only, so I am not sure about the windows, so before downloading the software you can ensure the compatibility of the software with different OS.

I am not sure but whenever we format any of the driver it will wiped all the data from it, so you can have that option as well, as you should format the dive and then reconnect it to the machine, and I hope the other partition would be disappeared, but if suppose you are still getting both of them then I think you must have to make use of the software mentioned by the above user, as let me tell you that this is the partition created in the flash drive, so you need to wiped that partition and create a new one.

As you are asking that what is the problem, I would like to know, hoping that I will get the solution to this as well, see whenever I connect this USB flash drive to my machine it identify the SpeedDrive as a CDROM drive, preceding to load windows, and because of that only the machine gets hanged whenever I connect it, I have changed the options from the BIOS as well to not to consider it as a CD-ROM but no luck, and yeah I am using windows 7 in my machine, so the software that you have mentioned would be compatible or is there any way with the command line as well for doing the same? anyways thanks for the above suggestions.

Well, exactly with the windows 7 you need to make use of the command lines for destroying the unwanted partitions form the drive so you can simply follow this steps,

1 – Plug the USB flash drive to you machine.

2 – Use the Fdisk command for partitioning it, it will delete the Existing one first.

3 – As you do this you can format it however you wish.

See you can have another option as well that does the same thing as mentioned by the above user, but for that you need to make use of the CD that you have gotten with the hardware you have. So insert the disk in the drive and you can partitioned it the way you want, and then format the drive, so whenever you connect it with the machine it would comes up with the single partition that you have created.