Thread: ecap is not working in Asus laptop

ecap is not working in Asus laptop

I am using ASUS Eee PC 1000HE laptop in which I have windows vista installed and I have recently formatted my hard drive and after that I have reinstalled windows vista in my laptop and after that I have also installed all the necessary divers in my laptop. Now after doing that I am facing one problem with my laptop. Now whenever I start the Ecap application at that time I get the "sorry you have no video capture hardware. Video capture will not function properly” please suggest me some solution.

Re: ecap is not working in Asus laptop

Well I think you should first check whether you can see your Webcam in your device manger or not? If you are not able to see the webcam in your device manger then it means somehow your laptop is not able to detect your webcam. If you want to solve this problem then you have to first make sure that your webcam is enabled in your BIOS setting. If your webcam is not enabled in your BIOS then you have to first make it enable and after that your web cam will work again.

If you don’t know how to enable the webcam from BIOS then I will help you with it. First you have to restart your laptop and after that you have to press the F2 key and it will allow you to go in to the BIOS setting. Now after doing that you have to select the security tab by using arrow keys and In that tab you will find the camera option and after that you have to enable that. Now after doing that you have to restart the laptop and after that check whether your problem gets solved or not?

After trying above solution also if you are not able to fix this issue then I think you have to first uninstall the ecap application from your laptop and after that you have to restart the laptop and after that you have to install the ecap application again in your laptop. Now after doing that you will have to check whether your webcam is working or not. I hope your problem will get solved after trying this trick.

Thank you friends for helping me and giving me quick replies. After referring your above post I have tried to solve this issue by enabling the webcam from my laptop BIOS and after that also I was not able to solve this issue now after that I have also checked in my device manger but my webcam was not listed ther also. Now after that I have also tried to solve this problem by reinstalling the Ecap application in my laptop but that doesn’t make any difference. Now please tell me how to get rid of this issue.

As far as I know normally this kind of problem can be solved by updating the BIOS version. Most of the time when we upgrade the BIOS version in our system at that time it almost recognize the all the available hardware device in our system automatically. I think you should download the BIOS update from internet first and after that you have to do the BIOS update in your laptop and after that check whether your problem solved or not.

In above post as you have mentioned that I can solve this webcam error issue in my laptop by updating the BIOS, now after referring your post I have done the BIOS update in my Asus laptop and after that when I have tried to use the webcam in my laptop at that time it worked fine. Now I am able to use my webcam properly in my Asus laptop. Thank you so much for sharing this information with me. I really appreciate your help.