Thread: How to install VLC on ASUS eee 701?

How to install VLC on ASUS eee 701?

I am having eee 701 laptop which contains default Xandros Linux OS. and default SMPlayer media player used to play songs, videos but at the time of playing videos it will not playing sound , I just got pissed off with SMPlayer that is why I just wanted to install VLC player and I read some where vlc can be install in eee pc so I try many techniques’ but they don’t seems to work, if any one having idea of regarding of installing vlc in eee701 then reply me.

Re: How to install VLC on ASUS eee 701?

I am also using eee laptop, I also read many article to install vlc media player in eee but that article is out of date,so please don’t followed that technique, try to go for linux mint or peppermint OS. I am using now Linux mint and now I successfully install vlc in my pc. dont waste your time to install vlc in older version Xandros.so used above os and download libdvdcss2 package which is important file for installing Vlc media player.

i have been reading up on all kinds of guides, techniques ,tricks about installing VLC in Linux in many articles and electronic books but it will not work. then I came to know that Xandros is very older version so that I install Modern Linux Distro and itrying to install VLC player and it works, Xandros is very oldersion so that it is very difficult to install VLC on it.try other operating system like Linux mint or peppermint os.

the fact is Xandros is based on Debian Etch. Debian is past versions of Etch. so if you try to install vlc it is not compatible with o.s. so it will also crash your system. Try this techniques it worksOpen terminal and enter the following code don’t make unnecessary space just copy and paste in terminal .for pasting in terminal use shift+insert.
    Code:
    sudo kwrite /etc/apt/sources.list
    connect internet :-
    write code in terminal
    sudo apt-get update 
    sudo apt-get install vlc
    it will download the vlc successfully.