Thread: getting LU1814:Live update error on ASUS Eee Pc T91 ?

getting LU1814:Live update error on ASUS Eee Pc T91 ?

I am having ASUS Eee pc T91.its working fine but there is one problem with updates. my laptop having license version operating system so I can update my system but when I start to update it search and detect 2 updates and it is notify as important update right from first day of purchase .but now I can recognized that I update again and again but still it showing 2 update but when I select for download it shows error .how to overcome with this problem ?

re: getting LU1814:Live update error on ASUS Eee Pc T91 ?

live update error is found in Eee system.if there is an error like “zip fie recognized” or “unzip failed”then it means there is problem with asus live update tool which is flashing the pop up message on screen for bios .to overcome this problem go to website of asus support there is an all updates are available with model number and version. you just check version of bios and download the zip file and install them in system and reboot your system, I am very sure your system will update and error notification is also get disappeared.

when we install any application in our system we used antivirus, internet security software for security but some time it will block our process or function as like that if there is any problem regarding live updates then check the firewall settings. Temporarily disable the firewall and start the update and again enable firewall check 2 condition:
    • If update is running successfully when firewall is disable then you have to configure the firewall so that the issue cannot persist in future.
    • Code:
      C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\LuComServer*.exe
    • If updates is not running successfully when firewall is disable then enable the firewall

If you having older version of bios then it will shows some problem regarding live updates but I will show you how to resolved this problem . first removed live update and download latest bios from asus sites and install it on your pc so there is neither any problem will shown to you
    • But still your problem is there then got to start>control panel >Symantec live update >classic view>user account control window >continue
    • now you will see three tabs FTP,HTTP,ISP
    • FTP:-select FTP to choose internet FTP setting
    • HTTP:-Select HTTP to choose internet HTTP connection
    • ISP:- Select ISP to choose internet ISP connection
    • Then click on apply an ok I think your problem will be resolved.