Thread: What can I do if f6 key not working Asus 1008ha

What can I do if f6 key not working Asus 1008ha

I am having laptop of Asus 1008ha its working fine but after two days I realized that f6 key is not working. I am very tense because fn+f5,fn f6 keys is specially used for setting brightness. right now I am in big trouble because I attached external keyboard and press f6 but still it is not working ,I also try on screen keyboard but it worth less. so if you have any idea or solution then please forward me otherwise I unable to change my screen brightness.

re: What can I do if f6 key not working Asus 1008ha

small key can also create a big problem. I am using linux os that similar problem happened with me ,so that I used commands to change the brightness .i get this command from website,but I don’t know solution of windows ,see the command as follows
    Code:
    echo z > /proc/acpi/asus/brn

open the terminal and write down this command z is value where you can number from 0 to 8 ,o stands for middestand 8 stands for brightness

if key for brightness is not working then used Eeectl it is basically used to change brigteness of the screen but it will work for xp . I don’t know it will work on Windows 7 or not? or try to update bios and check it working or not? then change the internal values to 50% but still it is not working then try to reinstall operating system. using external hardware is worthless because external keyboard having different function or it may not be support same function as internal keyboard

first try clean all temp files and clean connector of the laptop shut down laptop properly and removed battery clean that battery and battery connector and also clean pad specially that button properly and reconnect the battery then check it out, change internal values if you know but it still not working then I recommend that you should reinstall necessary drivers on the laptop. If all the things are failing then you need to go to service center of your laptop they will check your laptop and solve the problem .