Thread: Cannot connect to WIFI even with WEP key in Asus laptop

Cannot connect to WIFI even with WEP key in Asus laptop

I am using Asus Eee PC 701 laptop and in my laptop I am using windows vista operating system. Before some days I have done system restore in my Asus Eee PC 701 laptop because of some my graphic driver problem. Now after doing the system restores my graphic driver problem gets solved but my laptop has started giving me one problem. Now whenever I try to start the WIFI in my laptop at that time my laptop start the WIFI properly but iam not able to make the WIFI connection.

Re: Cannot connect to WIFI even with WEP key in Asus laptop

Well I would like to suggest you to you have to make sure that you are entering the correct WEP key while trying to make the connection with the WIFI if you are using the incorrect key then you will not able to make the WIFI connection successfully. In my laptop I was alsi having the similar issue and after that I came to know that I am using the incorrect key and after that i have entered correct key and then my problem gets solved.

As far as I know if you are trying to make the connecting in the open WLAN then you will not required the WEP key. But instead of using the WEP key you have to first make sure that the WLAN which you are trying to connect with your laptop uses the WEP coding and it is not using and different system .if your WLAN which you are trying to connect is using any other system then you will not able to make the WIFI connection. I hope you will get some help from this post.

As you have said that you have done the system restore in your Asus Eee PC 701 laptop and after doing that you are not able to make the connection through WIFI eben after trying the proper WEP key then I think while doing the system restore you system has not recovered your WIFI driver and if you want to solve this issue then you have to insert the driver CD in your laptop and after that you have to install the WIFI driver. Now after doing that your WIFI will start working again properly.

I have made sure that my WLAN is using the WEP coding but after that also I was not able to connect the WIFI. Now after that I have also tried to solve this problem by uninstalling the WIFI drivers from my Asus Eee PC 701 laptop. Now after uninstalling the WIFI drivers I have insert the driver CD and installed the WIFI driver again in my laptop but after doing that now I am not able to see the WIFI connection in my taskbar also. Please help me with this.

If you are not able to see the WIFI connection symbol in taskbar after installing the WIFI drivers then I think you should try to solve this issue by checking whether your WIFI is enabled in your device manger or not. if it is not enabled in your device manger then you have to enable the WIFI first and after that check whether you get the WIFI connection on your taskbar or not? if you still get the same problem after that then let me know.

I have solved this problem by reinstalling the WIFI driver in my laptop. After reading your post I have tried to solve this issue from device manger but after that also I was having the same issue and then I have reinstalled the WIFI drivers in my laptop and now after reinstalling the WIFI derivers all the problems have solved. Now I am able to see the WIFI connection symbol in my taskbar. Thanks for helping me.