Thread: My D drive gets full without any reason in ASUS Eee PC 1005PE

My D drive gets full without any reason in ASUS Eee PC 1005PE

In my ASUS Eee PC 1005PE laptop I am using 250GB hard drive from which I can use 222GB and I am using windows vista in my laptop. Now from last some days I am facing one problem with my laptop. I my laptop I have C drive which has 75 GB capacity and D drive which have 147 GB. Now in my D drive I have noticed that most of the space are occupied atomically without any reason .please tell me what should I do to solve this problems.

Re: My D drive gets full without any reason in ASUS Eee PC 1005PE

If you have turned on the windows automatic updates in your laptop then that can be the reason behind that. Because some time when our system download the update file at that time those file gets saved in temporary folder and after installing the updates normally that files gets deleted automatically but some time it doesn’t get deleted. Now after that we have to delete those files manually by doing the disk cleanup. You have to do disk cleanup regularly.

Yes I agree with the above post if we use internet and then our hard disk gets lots temporary files and because of this our hard disk space gets occupied unnecessarily. If you want to fix this issue then you have to first open the start menu and after that in the start menu search box you have to type %temp% and after that you have to click on the OK. Now after doing that you will get the all temporary files and you have to delete all the files. Now after doing that you have to check that whether it has make any difference or not.

According to the best way to solve this problem is by running the Ccleaner in your hard disk. If you want to download the Ccleaner then you can easily download that form internet and after downloading that you have to install the Ccleaner in your laptop. Now after installing the Ccleaner you have to first click on the analyze button and after that it will show you about how much disk space will get free after running the cleaner. Now after that you have to click on the run cleaner button.

I have tied to solve this issue by doing the disk cleanup in my ASUS Eee PC 1005PE laptop but after doing that it has removed around 4GB data and I was very happy after watching that but it has deleted all the data from C drive only and with my D drive problem remain as it is. By running the Cleaner in my laptop also I didn’t get any help. Now please tell me what I should do to keep my D drive clean. Any help will be appreciated.

After going through your post i would like to suggest you that your laptop might get affected with the virus which is causing this problem and I think you should install antivirus in your laptop and after that you have to do full system scan and it will delete all the viruses from your laptop. Now after scanning the laptop you have or check t hat whether your problem get solved or not, if you r problem remain as it is then I think you have to take the backup of all your data in other hard drive and after that format the hard disk and then transfer all the data again in your hard disk.

I have transferred all the data from ASUS Eee PC 1005PE laptop hard disk to my desktop and after transferring the data I have formatted my laptop hard drive. Now after formatting the laptop hard drive I have installed the windows vista operating system and after installing the windows vista I have transferred all the files back to the my hard drive. Now after doing that my laptop is not giving me any issues. Your given solution helped me to fix this. Thank you.