Thread: Firmware 02.38.06 for Sansa Fuze

Firmware 02.38.06 for Sansa Fuze

Well i really love to listen music on the music player. Hence i have purchased Sansa Fuze from before couple of days. I have come to know that the there is a release for the firmware 02.38.06 for this particular device. Let me know whether it is a rumor or it is true. Let me know if you are having any specific information which can give a light shed on this particular matter. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Firmware 02.38.06 for Sansa Fuze

Yes you are right there is a releasing of 02.38.06 firmware for the music player which you are using. Also i am expecting that upcoming firmware will have lots of exciting feature and there number of bugs which are fixed. There would be lots of features which are improved in many ways. The device will be automatically turn off and it will get turn on once the upgrade process is completed. So you should download and install the firmware if you really needed.

Following are the improvements which i have seen into the firmware of the device which has been installed.
    There will be menu looping feature also you will notice an improvement for the Audiobook sort order.
    Also there is an improvement for the content library handling and content browsing folder.

If you are having an issue with the folder browsing feature then i recommend that you should simply remove the all the .idx files from the device of yours. I let you know that you are going to have the ‚Music Content Browsing by Folder’ feature into Music folder. I have also noticed that some kind of FLAC and OGG files can be played on the device of mine. also slotRadio card as well as audiobook playback can be resumed properly on the device.

After installing this version of firmware I have noticed that the menu looping was not working. However I have come to know that there is a setting which you should use to disable or enable the above mentioned feature. You have to go for the settings and then you have to go for Customize menu and then you will have an options to turn on or turn off the above mentioned feature on the device of yours.

Into the previous version of firmware I have noticed that there was separated audible from the non-drm audiobooks. However there is audiobooks section is not having the folder. It seems to be useless if you have kept number of audiobooks on the device of yours. also there should be something which will sort the title by alphabetically instead of #. I am hoping that above mentioned issue will be resolved by the developer of the firmware.