Thread: Recovery mode of Sansa 280

Recovery mode of Sansa 280

Well i am having an issue with Sansa 280 from yesterday. I am getting startup screen stating SanDisk which is fading again. I am connected the device of mine with the computer and get entered into the recovery mode. It is showing following 16MB format on the computer of mine.
    Code:
    Version Info: Product Rev.: PP5022AF-05.51-S301-02.24-S301.02.24A-D
    Base Code: 05.51-S301-02.24-S301.02.24A-D
    ODM Ver.: S301-02.24-S301.02.24A-D
    OEM Ver.: S301.02.24A-D
    Build Type: -D
    Build Date: 2007.12.24
    Build Number: (Build 32.10)
    I wanted to know which file should i download? Let me know if you are having any useful to instruction to get the requirement of mine. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Recovery mode of Sansa 280

Before doing anything i recommend that you should simply reset the device of yours. You should use the below mentioned steps on the system of yours.
    • You should simply hold the switch top the device to right.
    • Now you have to simply press and hold the power button for 15 seconds.
    • Finally you have to press << button while plugging the USB until and unless it prompts as Connected.

So try the same and let me know whether it is working or not.

Well looking at the sitution i am suggesting that you should connect the device of yours with computer and then you should rename all the .mi4 files to PP5022.mi4. after that you should copy and paste the dame on the device of yours. after putting on the device of yours you should restart the device of yours. you should backup all the .mi4 file before doing anything and after competing with the entire process you should restart the device of yours.

In this particular matter I wondering that there is an issue with the Firmware updater which you have installed on the computer of yours. each and every time you are supposed to connect your device with the computer the device will look for the update of the firmware. However there is no update for the firmware for the device which you are having. Hence you should remove the firmware updater and then you should install the firmware by using the manual instructions.

I don’t why this particular issue is happening into the situation of yours. I am suggesting that you should simply format the device of yours. Make sure that you have backup all the device data before you go for formatting. Once the process of format is gets completed I recommend that you should restore the backup on the device of yours. I am hoping that you will be able to fix the matter of yours after formatting the device of yours.

Well I am highly suspecting that there is an issue with the firmware which you have installed on the device of yours. i mean the firmware is seems to be outdated you should visit the official service enter and simply download and install the firmware on the device of yours. I recommend that you should backup the device data before doing the firmware upgrade and restore the same once you have completed the entire process.

I think there is a hardware issue hence I recommend that you should contact the official service center and claim for the service warranty. Make sure that the device of yours should not have any physical damage otherwise you will not be able to claim for the service warranty. Also you should carry the invoice before you have visited the official service center. I am hoping that they will help your to fix the matter of yours.