Thread: What should I do into recovery mode of Sansa e260?

What should I do into recovery mode of Sansa e260?

From past couple of days I am having an issue with the Sansa e260 MP3 player of mine. Well I have plugged the device of mine and I have stuck into recovery mode and I don’t know what should I do? I am unable to get into the MSC mode. For your information I am into MTP mode. Let me know if you are having any speculation to get the requirement of mine. Any help on this particular matter would be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: What should I do into recovery mode of Sansa e260?

Looking at the matter of yours I recommend that you will be able to resolve the matter of yours by simply formatting the device of yours. I mean to say you should do a forced format into recovery mode. However I am not aware of the steps which you need to perform force format. Anyway you can ask the users of the forum to get the exact steps on this particular matter. I am hoping that you will be able to resolve the issue by doing the same.

I am aware of the steps which you can do for forced format.
    First of all you should simply connect the device with the computer of yours.
    • It would detect the 16MB format drive.
    • Now you need to create a new folder in the drive and you have to rename as sansa.fmt.
    • Now unplug the device with the computer of yours and it will perform the forced format.

I let you know that new folder which you have created on the device is used to trigger the command for the forced format. The folder which you have created will be get removed after the completion of the formatting process. Another thing which I wanted to share over here is that you should not format the device by using the format command which is provided into windows which you have installed especially into recovery mode of the device

You need to use another process if you have removed the reserved partition by using the windows which you have installed on the computer of yours. I recommend that you should use e200tool software. You can use the above mentioned tool on the Linux based operating system. You can get the above mentioned tool from the official website. I am hoping that the thing which I have mentioned over here would be useful to you.

I wanted to say thanks to all the users for replaying with the solution over here. I have done forced format on the device of mine by simply creating a new folder at the 16MB format which is visible into the Windows explorer when the device into recovery mode. Anyway I wanted to appreciate your efforts which you have put in to fix the matter of mine. Thanks a lot for helping me out.