Thread: Unable to post with the Dell mini 1018 using new corsair RAM

Unable to post with the Dell mini 1018 using new corsair RAM

Hello everyone I recently got this new dell mini laptop and also the new corsair DDR3 ram and after putting in the new stick it does not post at all. I am not able to understand as if what can be the problem here, can you all please tell me, I don’t know what exactly is the problem? Who the culprit is? Is there some problem with the stick? Or something else. Or is there some problem with my configuration. Please do advise me on the same. I am waiting for the necessary help from you all on the same. I am sure that you will advise me for the same.

Re: Unable to post with the Dell mini 1018 using new corsair RAM

Clearly appears to me as some issue with the compatibility and hence this kind of problem. So do not worry about the same. Well what I am saying is that better check it out with the different RAM and expect to get a solution for the same. Well I really don’t think so you are interested in giving out the configuration for us. So that we can get to know more about your laptop. Well as of now surely looks to me as some problem with the RAM. Better check the compatibility of the RAM from the corsair site and you will get the necessary information there itself. So do as what I am saying here. Hope so it will prove beneficial for you.

As far as the Dell people are concerned and what I have heard from them till now. What I think is that dell people do not tolerate any third party hardware in their systems and hence I really don’t think so they will allow you to do so. so better buy a memory from the dell people only and hence that is what I think would be ideal for you. so better check out for that and I am sure that is what you should look out for. So better look out from there only. So that’s what I am saying here.

Well what I am saying is that one of my friends had already replaced the memory stick with the new one. Even he had something from the corsair only and not remember the model number but I am quie sure that he was not at all impressed with the performance it has given. So that’s what I am saying here. well what I am saying is that with the necessary help that you all have given here it is quite correct and what I feel is that it will give you some poor performances even if you think of going ahead with it. so that’s what I wantto say here.

Thanks a lot for all the solutions that you have put up here. appreciate the efforts that you have put in to solve the sisue. So thanks a ton for the same. well what memory stick would you recommend for me my mini laptop. Can you suggest me some options for the same. it will be better for me. so that’s what I want to say here. so do come up with some of the good sugegstiosn for my mini laptop. It will be better for me. so that I can get some option of thinking about the same.