Thread: SanDisk Sansa Fuze Firmware 01.02.31 vs. 02.03.33

SanDisk Sansa Fuze Firmware 01.02.31 vs. 02.03.33

Hi, I have a sansa fuze player and I have heard that there is a new firmware update came for the player, so I am looking to have it, but I am not sure which version I am using, so my question is like how to see the current version of the player? And as mentioned in the title what is the difference between those version? Is there any major changes they have added that makes us change the firmware, or there is only the minor changes? Any suggestion?

Re: SanDisk Sansa Fuze Firmware 01.02.31 vs. 02.03.33

Yeah that’s very good as you are about to update the firmware of the player you have but let me tell you that the newer version 02.03.33 also don’t have any major changes, so according to me if you are satisfied with the one you have so no need to update the firmware, but if you want to try the another one then you can download another one and can install it in the player, but yeah off course first of all make sure that which version you are using.

If you want to know which version you have in your player you can simply follow the below instructions.

• See first of all Turn on your Fuze player the way you always do, and after that go to the settings form the menu, it would be listed there only.
    • As you select the settings there would be so many settings available for the player so among them you need to select system setting, as you entered in to the system setting you can select the info, which will display the current version that you’re using.

See I have installed the 02.03.33 version in my player and I have noticed changes in the player with this firmware such as some incorrect language strings were corrected, after that the device never hangs during playback, have fixed the slight audio warp while browsing song list. The device doesn’t reboots or freezes while Replay Gain is selected. So if you are having this issue with the device, so you can install this in your device for sure.

Let me tell you that there isn’t any major changes they have made in the software but still they have fixed the major issues in the next firmware. And there are two revision and according to that you need to download the software. so if you have the revision version one so you cannot install the next one, I am not sure but you can try for sure. Some of the enhances includes max volume level is inferior in usual volume setting and together with this playback performance of mono mode such as WAV and FLAC files are enhanced.

I would like to tell you the basic steps that you need to consider while updating the firmware, see first of all make sure that battery is 50% charged or more than that. Before installing the software you should download firmware files first and then start installing it in the device. And in this process the device will restart often so don’t disconnect it from the PC. It will take few minutes so be patient.