Thread: Firmware update for HTC flyer

Firmware update for HTC flyer

Hi, I have a a HTC flyer comes up with the android gingerbread loaded on it, which is running very good, but still I want to upgrade it to the latest version and that’s 2.00.405.3, isn’t it? when I was searching on the internet it was showing this, but I am not sure about this version as whether it is available or not, and if suppose it is available so what are the basic changes in the latest firmware and how do I install it in my tablet? Any recommendation would be appreciated.

Re: Firmware update for HTC flyer

Yeah I have also heard about this software update but haven’t installed it in my device so don’t know what is the Exact change they have made in this version, but as from the same source I have also heard that the boot loader is get improved and many more bugs are fixed in the newer version but they haven’t added any new features in the latest firmware, or if there is any then I am not sure about that right now, will let you know if there is any.

See I am also not sure about this so I have contacted the support center and they told me that Your Tablet will obtain a announcement of FOTA update when it is been available for the device. If you have gotten any such notification from themselves you need to push OK button to agree to the terms and the condition for the update and then it would be downloaded to the device using a data connection such as Wi-Fi or GPRS/3G, and make sure that if you are using the GPRS the connection is active, or else you’ll not get the actual software.

I would say the software is available for the device you have so you can simply install it in your device, but still my recommendation is to stick with the one you have because I haven’t seen any such major difference in the software that I have installed, yeah some of the boot loader are improved, but apart from that there isn’t any changes in the firmware that is available for the device. Some of the bugs are fixed.

let me tell you that this is just a maintenance update, and that gives a obvious suggestion that it’s not going to be Android 3.0 Honeycomb. But still I have heard that it will brings enhanced system performance for the tablet to give several increase to Gingerbread, carrying a still better receptive experience, somewhat enhanced performance of the applications and widgets, an improved draw keyboard, and apart from this mentioned no other features are predictable to be incorporated with this firmware update.

If you have decided to update the software then let me tell you that you can do this by the tablet you have as well as by connecting it to the PC also. but first of all you need to flash the tablet and then only you can install this new update in the phone, but before starting with the installing, make sure that you have downloaded the software to your machine and then only proceed ahead, and make sure that you have taken the backup s well of all your data because after flashing it would wiped all the data from the tablet.