Thread: Is speed of MSI GT780 gaming laptop enough for video gaming?

Is speed of MSI GT780 gaming laptop enough for video gaming?

I have a got a new MSI GT780 laptop on gift. I have heard it is gaming laptop. Luckily I like playing games on computers want to know how the speed of this laptop is. Being a gaming laptop I think it’s going to be fast but I am not sure. Kindly tell me whether this laptop is fast or not. Is it going to affect my game when I am playing on it? Kindly help as I am very curious to know. Thank you

Re: Is speed of MSI GT780 gaming laptop enough for video gaming?

Yes, MSI GT780 laptop is a gaming laptop. Let me tell you that MSI GT780 laptop is MSI's latest top-notch gaming notebook. It is very powerful and hence it is also very fast. MSI GT780 has NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570M graphics card. This graphic card is known to be one of the very best graphic cards for gaming. I think you should be happy having MSI GT780 laptop. I hope this helps.

I think for speed and gaming MSI GT683 laptop is better than MSI GT780. You have got MSI GT780 laptop for gaming. All it depends upon how is the graphic card and RAM installed. As far as I know it has 1.5 GB of RAM which is quite sufficient to play any games. Its processor is i7 quad core which is very good. For gaming quad core processors are very nice. I think you will get very decent amount of speed. All the best to you .

Well I think the speed of your laptop is going to be ok as it is a gaming and has a quad core processor. But due to RAM I think you might get some problems while playing games like FIFA 2011 and dirt 3. Because it takes a lot of RAM and requires powerful memory card. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570M graphics card that it has is not very powerful. You can upgrade your graphic card or RAM if required. Hope it helps.

Apart from gaming, I think every other application will work smoothly on the laptop. To maintain the speed or performance you can install windows XP as operating system in it. It has a gaming keyboard. In the keyboard, windows functioning keys are properly positioned in the right side of the keyboard just to reduce the possibility of accidentally hitting them which makes the work smoother and faster. We can execute 10 commands simultaneously to stay ahead by rapidly completing several tasks. Therefore I must say it is fast.

I have a question MSI GT780 Notebook amenable to upgrade it is possible to insert two cards there GTX560M or there, you can insert another but only one of the 500 series

Quote Originally Posted by Maximuson View Post
    I have a question MSI GT780 Notebook amenable to upgrade it is possible to insert two cards there GTX560M or there, you can insert another but only one of the 500 series
    I dont think it is possible to install another graphics card in a laptop of MSI GT780, how can a video card fit in a compact/sealed pack component as it is not a personal computer. There are however external graphics card in the market but I dont know how it is connected to any computer or laptop. If it was a assembled pc with motherboard having 2 pcie slot then it could have been possible to have 2 graphics card in sli mode.

Of course a pity that there is no room for another card. But I would ask what model laptop with two graphics cards of course but del alienvare clevo. The question whether to replace the video card to a more powerful over time?

Of course a pity that there is no room for another card. But I would ask what model laptop with two graphics cards of course but del alienvare clevo. The question whether to replace the video card to a more powerful over time?
    The GTX560 is a very good card so you should be happy for some good amount of time. And when the needs comes, you can install another GTX 560 in SLI mode. So just make sure the motherboard you are getting supports SLI. Plus overclocking your card will also be an open option for you in the future. Hope that answers your question.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

I'll be very happy if the board supports SLI. And if not, then I want to ask if I could replace the motherboard that has SLI mode on this laptop? laptop MSI GT780

I'll be very happy if the board supports SLI. And if not, then I want to ask if I could replace the motherboard that has SLI mode on this laptop? laptop MSI GT780
    You cannot open up the laptop case to put another card in SLI mode. And MSI GT780 is a great laptop, I like it much, much more than the outdated design of Alienware M17x (and now - of Alienware M17x R.3). Also I think dual GPU just will produce twice more heat and meager increase of performance and nothing else. The graphics card used in this laptop is pretty much fine and doesnt needs any upgradation at all.

big thanks to all who help me)))