Thread: Need information on hacking sigmaTel Drivers for Dell E1705 and Dell 9400

Need information on hacking sigmaTel Drivers for Dell E1705 and Dell 9400

I have been annoying to build a substitute STAC9200 drivers to reinstate the drivers provided by Dell modest and have had some enormous accomplishment, and a number of main troubles. mutual with some registry hacking, I've opened a lot of possibilities for the humble sound card, and resolve some long-term users also NBF. I'm undecided whether to hack new features in the Dell drivers or add the missing features Dell (mainly subwoofer) in the other conductors. If someone with some experience of recording / INF / driver wants to help.

Re: Need information on hacking sigmaTel Drivers for Dell E1705 and Dell 9400

One thing that would be nice is if you can publish the record of changes made in [code] format that may change our records and have the extra options now, then maybe I could get some extra help when it comes adding features in the Dell drivers. This would also help to speed up the adding together in the innovative driver sets can set Dell in the potential. If I had supplementary understanding in modding registry /INF/ driver, provide me a hand, but right now I'm just poking around and follow the instructions.

I've been doing all my hacking ini files because it allows much more than piracy record and each and every registry entries are also there. It is also very easy to distribute, I have only put a copy of the INI file, and people just need to replace that file and run the installer (I'll do that in a moment, will have a working equalizer, by means of every options to the best of my ability [Port Settings, Advanced, Dolby, etc]).

I'm a little tired of the same thing, which is partly why I posted in the ini file. I'll be busy for the next few days (family matters), so I probably will not be working this much, if at all. It is also getting frustrating, because all the new things I've been trying to discover they have mostly been trial and error. About the dual outputs, I'm at my desk at this time (still my main draft to college starts) so I cannot illustrate precisely what I did, but I just reproduction the "brooch entries in the registry Dell 92XXM8-2. ini. One subject though is that there seems no way to disable the speakers on board, except to reinstall the old ini. This could be possible to change though. I'd have to look at later.

If you want to know if your computer uses the same ini file that you have to look in the Device Manager. Open the properties of high SigmaTel Audio Codec Definition and take a look at the details tab. Mine shows "PCI \ VEN_8384 and DEV_7690 and FUNC_01 and SUBSYS_102801CF and REV_1022 \ 4 & 11F0D383 & 0 & 0001" .Now open the "92XXM.ini" folder within the WDM-driver package from Dell and compare the device identifier to determine whether the chip uses the same "92XXM-3.ini." If so, you're good to go and take part in this piracy driver.

The simply obsession I noticed that before. Inf is to connect the headphones, computer speakers automatically silent not normal, you have to quiet yourself That, and I do some configuration work (Sigmatel Control Panel, Advanced tab, things like "Route Optimization Bass" does not seem to change anything). Great job, although boys. We are all eternally grateful us and our records (I know that my leg a couple of times trying to get these options.