Thread: what is battery life of dell XPS 15

what is battery life of dell XPS 15

Hey recently I had bought a dell XPS15 laptop. I really impress with this laptop because I got one surprise in this laptop is that I got Nvidia 512mb graphics card in built. Because of this graphics card I got great experience while playing game in this laptop. So that’s why whole day I play only game this laptop. First month my laptop battery work for 6 to 7 hrs per day. After using 6 hr in a day I put my laptop on charging. But now days my laptop become worst in matter of battery life. These days my battery works for only 3 to 3.5 hrs. After using 3 hrs I have to put it on charging. Friends what I do now, I have no idea now. Should I change my battery or kept as it is.

Re: what is battery life of dell XPS 15

Dude I’m familiar with your problem because same experienced I also face. You put your battery on power saver mode it will increase your battery life it will extend your battery life up to 1 hr. I think your laptop is containing 6 cell batteries. Why you are worried you tell know that last month only you have purchased that means it is warranty period. You just call to dell service center and tell them problem. They will in handle this problem change your battery and again you can play for 6 to 7 hrs in a day.

Friend I also purchase this same laptop while buying dealer told me that his battery life 7 to 8 hrs. The life of a battery or usage is going to be determined by the actual USAGE of the programs and hardware running. Battery is the only judgment while buying a laptop. The battery become weak when we use more, the more we use, the faster it will reduce the charge and the life expectancy of battery life. If you don’t know that how much time requires to charger to your laptop then you can check this time on dell official websites.

I think your laptop is working with 6 cell of battery. This 6 cell battery only work for 3 to 6 hrs. If you want more battery life then upgrade your battery. Dell provides three types of battery 6 cell, 9 cells and 12 cells. These three batteries have different working life. 6 cell work for 3 hrs while comparing with 9 cells it work 5 hrs and 12 cell battery work double of 6 cell battery. So I will suggest you that you upgrade to 12 cell batteries it means now you can play for 6 to 7 hrs.